Not sure how to word this or how it will be recieved (green newbies) (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
When I first joined, Feb 13, my first post which I now can't find was a desperate need for help, or more specifically I wanted someone to say I had done the right thing, as I cant now find the post and my memory will not allow recall beyond about 48 hours, unless more than 48 years I don't now know how it worked for me

I do know I never even bothered with the 'introduce yourself' bit, my need for reassurance was far too important for that, so one day soon I really should go back and introduce myself properly

Even though I did not follow protocol, or maybe it was because I didn't, I now have issues with non paying memebers diving in with deep questions before they have paid to join

Now in fairness to myself here, I paid (or at least I think I did) before posting anything

But when I see a post in green with anything other than Hi, my name is etc I feel I don't want to reply

Is it just me??

I do feel a little guilty when the status turns blue, but an awful lot never do
If green members were not of benefit to the forum then the facility wouldn't be there. Freedom of choice, you have the choice to stay green or like you go blue and still be looked down on by the life members.o_O

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
@DavidG58 what if your new member (as yet unpaid) Googles his problem and is directed to FUN?

His first few posts are a tatster for something he new nothing about.

He then gets very quick replies to his problem and realises that this is a great site and may well join.
I would imagine that is why he gets a few 'free posts'

Only problem i can see, is if he comes across old mo's jokes:LOL:
As a new member this is exactly the why I joined.

Owning a motorhome is a something new to me so my research was not only about which one to buy and what to watch out for, but also learning what things I might be able to do myself rather than paying someone else to do it. The last thing I want to be doing is taking the van to a dealer every time there is a little problem - I'd much rather try to fix things myself first if I can figure it out. I've used various forums for years but never (until now) paid for a subscription to one, but the depth and breadth of knowledge here and the willingness to share experience means that its worth it.

As for the jokes...well every forum seems to have it's own personality ::bigsmile:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
A "Blueee" in NZ means you're barred from every pub in town for 3 months:whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
To late he's been here since April this is an old thread

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun