Not something I would have ever imagined doing.... (1 Viewer)

Jan 25, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1962
Wallowing Sprinters! My 316cdi is steady as a rock we took friends out for the day and the daughter left the water Jug on the work surface after a 40mile return to base it was !!still there and Who left that out of the cupboard!!! it must be the way people drive them. I'm a saint!!! The Mercedes mechanicals are far superior to Fiat (personal experience)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ROXY20

Free Member
Sep 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Here is my peugeot boxer Lwb self build with transverse bed and bathroom works out well for touring Europe & UK
Loads of room all space utilised.

Attachments

• 20190417_223409.jpg
    20190417_223409.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 22

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
It is quite possible to travel with dogs in a small van, we have a 5.4m van conversion on a Ducato base and are 2 adults and 2 dogs (Schnoodle - medium sized, all arms and legs; and a Border Terrier). I'm 6ft and our transverse bed is the right length for me. Our van has everything in it including the usual wet room, I'd suggest looking at a 6m van, long enough to give decent living space but small enough to drive around and park up - there will always be car parks where you find it more difficult to park, we can't always park our van but there are also plenty of others in which there is no problem.

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Btw older sprinters and crafter's tend to rust. Not so sure about new ones or when they get better.

Engines are generally good. Perhaps better than fiat etc ...

Narrower of course.

Cheers James

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 21, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Newbie here
Btw older sprinters and crafter's tend to rust. Not so sure about new ones or when they get better.
Engines are generally good. Perhaps better than fiat etc ...
Narrower of course.
Cheers James
Correct
Didn't Mercedes only start galvanising their body shells in the not too distant past?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back