Free Member
Apr 24, 2016
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534
Exp
Since 2005
Hi All. Although we've been motorhoming for twelve years and I've been reading your lovely, amusing and informative posts for some time, this is, as far as I can remember, my first post. Our motorhoming seems to be a bit different from most. Due to family commitments (100 yr old mother and great grandchildren) we can't up sticks and relocate to France which is what we would really love to do. Our solution is to drive down to the south of France (Antibes) and set up home in our van on a super site we found when we first started. We then stay for three months without moving, using public transport to get around. (We now know the area so well that the site owners use us as the tourist information). We have short trips in the UK when doctors/dentists/hospital appts allow but can't wait to start our long trip every year. Some motorhomers we meet seem to think we're not using the van to its best advantage but we had travelled extensively before buying it and now just want to spend as much time as we can in our favourite place in the world. Anyone out there who does the same ?

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Hi,

Great to read your posts. I would disagree with Antibes, though I have not spent a huge amount of time there. We prefer the more Western Cavaliere side.

100 year old Mother, how nice. How is she?.
Great Grandchildren, how nice is that?

What time of year do you stay in Antibe?

TM

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good morning and welcome,,,,

it sounds like a great use of it to me,, south of France for three months at a time,, how cool is that!!!

Enjoy your time there, and on here, xxxx

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Welcome, we are all different in how we use our vans, no one should criticise the way you use yours, if others disagree, stuff em,!.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Good to see you make your first post. Hopefully there will be no stopping you making more now :)

Whatever way you are using your van so long as you are getting to spend time in it and enjoying it is the important part.

A mum at 100 eh. Fabulous. (y)

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few timesšŸ˜‰
Hiya sounds good to me (y)

:welco:

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Sounds good to me. If youā€™re enjoying it,what does it matter what others think? You could keep it in your back garden to enjoy and it still wouldnā€™t matter!
Each to their own.

OP
OP
G

Gillygrim

Free Member
Apr 24, 2016
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks to you all for the welcome - having broken the ice I shall certainly be posting on other topics ! Just to let you know, my mother made her last trip in the motorhome three years ago at the age of 97, a week in Dieppe. Prior to that she used to come with us to Antibes for the long trip but when she reached 95 she decided it was too long to be away from home. The great grandson, seven and a half, flies down when school ends in July and spends the last weeks of our trip before we drive back together. Can't wait for next year. Gill.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back