Mar 11, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Duetto HiTop
Exp
Since 2010
Hi everybody,

We bought our first 'van about 7 years ago. It's a Autosleepers Duetto on a long wheelbase Transit chassis. Got it with the proceeds of the sale of my dad's house when he went so it became known as "Colin the Camper" in his honour. It has seen many great beach days when we are both off together (we work in different NHS trusts and time together is scarce) and a couple of weekend jaunts when time allowed.
Earlier this year, I got a pension payoff from a previous job and spent half the money on a motorhome for touring. We now have a Lunar Roadstar 786, a big beastie but so comfortable to ride around in and even better for sleeping in because of the fixed bed. This has been named "Maisie the Motorhome" after Mum so we are now a whole family again and we go places together that Mum and Dad could not manage in their lifetimes.
I still use the Duetto for my day-to-day runaround and it gives me about 25-27 to the gallon.
The Lunar is even better, giving about 30-32 so they are both worth running.
So far we have stayed in the UK but the foreign shores are starting to call to us.
I have friends in Switzerland, so that may be a good first venture. Does anyone have experience of sites over there that are worth staying in?

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
:HelloThere: and :pink: to a great site... and enjoy your travels !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back