Not quite going as planned (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Bu$$er. Just into our third week of touring in north Wales and I have a broken leg. To cut a very long story very short I had just gotten on a bus but had not taken my seat. I was standing in the centre walkway in the centre of the bus facing the back when the driver pulled away. I had a fairly firm grip on a seat and there would not have been a problem but a few seconds later he jammed on the brakes :Eeek:. I lost my footing, my grip, and took off backwards towards the front of the bus. I crashed down on my backpack which took most of the impact and friction as I skidded towards the front of the bus. At some point my lower left leg hit something and my Fibula sustained a hairline fracture. No splint, plaster, or boot required but thank God for comfortmatic. Currently resting up near Harleck but to rub salt into the wound I'm now running short of Tonic and Gin :cry:.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Recon you should be in line for enough compensation from the idiot driver to buy a couple of G&T's...........at least.
Hope it's not too painful.

Richard.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Bummer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Definitely talk to a lawyer.
I only sprained my ankle ( tripped or slipped walking dogs in a remote woodland) Almost 5 weeks on its still painful and walking is very much curtailed, so your leg could take a while to get back to normal.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I've seen many a bus driver drive off before all is seated. Even Terry nearly fell last week as the driver took off before he sat down.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Speedy full recovery.

Not only do they pull away before you are seated, our buses have a sign "remain seated until the bus stops" last time I tried that hadn't even got half way down the stairs before it pulled away from the stop.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Whilst I agree that the driver should not have pulled away before passengers are seated, some people (and I'm not referring to anyone in particular here), especially elderly, faff around so much that it takes them ages to actually sit down. Even if the driver thinks they're down (try watching the upper deck!) they may not be. Coupled with pressure of timetables, traffic etc. it's so very easy to pull away - 95 times out of a hundred it's no problem, BUT.... I know, I've been there. Not making excuses, just pointing out another side of the story. Seems that Roger was one of the unfortunates, caught out by circumstances, and has my sympathies.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Speedy full recovery.

Not only do they pull away before you are seated, our buses have a sign "remain seated until the bus stops" last time I tried that hadn't even got half way down the stairs before it pulled away from the stop.

Don't use our local buses much, but I have noticed that their drivers do seem to take care before pulling away. And are quite willing to wait once the stop bell has been rung. Mind I've never caught one on schedule, except at the terminus, where we get on/off.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Some of ours drive like loonies 40mph plus in 30 limit, slap the brakes on at the last minute, not as though they are under schedule pressure they run constantly every 10min.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Definitely talk to a lawyer.
I only sprained my ankle ( tripped or slipped walking dogs in a remote woodland) Almost 5 weeks on its still painful and walking is very much curtailed, so your leg could take a while to get back to normal.

Get some Apple cider vinegar on that ankle. It reduces inflammation, increases blood flow and is bvery soothing. Soak a cloth in ACV wrap it round your ankle and then cover it with cling. You can leave it on for up to 2 hours, but then you need to allow the skin to air and dry. Do a patch test first in case you react to the vinegar. You can dilute it by up to three times. It is ridiculously effective. I use it on my ankle that I broke 20 years ago. Bits pinned and sometimes swells up and feels achy. That ACV wrap is fabulous!

stephen78

Free Member
Mar 9, 2015
swansea
Funster No
MH
Pvc
Exp
since 2014
Get some Apple cider vinegar on that ankle. It reduces inflammation, increases blood flow and is bvery soothing. Soak a cloth in ACV wrap it round your ankle and then cover it with cling. You can leave it on for up to 2 hours, but then you need to allow the skin to air and dry. Do a patch test first in case you react to the vinegar. You can dilute it by up to three times. It is ridiculously effective. I use it on my ankle that I broke 20 years ago. Bits pinned and sometimes swells up and feels achy. That ACV wrap is fabulous!
Any good on an athritec knee?

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Any good on an athritec knee?

Yes, it will help with the inflammation. But one of the best things is an Epsom salt bath. Body temp, not hot. One mug full of salt to a bath of water. And have someone within ear shot if you have heart problems. It can lower your blood pressure! Do both.....not at the same time!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
It’s also great for your gut ! Especially if you get acid reflux. Losing weight , lowering cholesterol, diabetes , belly fat etc Lots on internet about it. ( get the Apple cider vinegar with mother, it’s better. ) we use Bragg’s.

OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for your best wishes and advice. If I can get some I may try the ACV. Any chance drinking Cider will have the same effect :sneaky:.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back