Not my idea but really quite enjoying it (1 Viewer)

Sep 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
C class
Hi, newbie here.

Never having done anything like this before, 2 years ago I agreed to my wife’s request to get a motorhome while we are still young enough to enjoy it; her dream not mine, I have always seen fun as a two wheeled thing.

So after only 34 years of marriage and having achieved the status of ‘model husband’ we bought a an Elddis Autoquest 185 (Marquis Majestic version). Again not quite the small compact unit we had initially envisaged but with two quite large dogs it was the smallest we could find where there was still room for us to sit down after the dogs had grabbed the sofas.

Whilst not my idea, after two years, I have to say it is fun and I do quite enjoy it; not more than 2 wheels obviously but a close and more sedate second.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Hi, newbie here.

Never having done anything like this before, 2 years ago I agreed to my wife’s request to get a motorhome while we are still young enough to enjoy it; her dream not mine, I have always seen fun as a two wheeled thing.

So after only 34 years of marriage and having achieved the status of ‘model husband’ we bought a an Elddis Autoquest 185 (Marquis Majestic version). Again not quite the small compact unit we had initially envisaged but with two quite large dogs it was the smallest we could find where there was still room for us to sit down after the dogs had grabbed the sofas.

Whilst not my idea, after two years, I have to say it is fun and I do quite enjoy it; not more than 2 wheels obviously but a close and more sedate second.

We’ve recently swapped two wheel touring for four…..but we’ve still got our bikes of course. :giggle:

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from The Cotswolds! (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
:welco:
Sounds like it's time to change for a van with a big garage so you can take the two wheels with you.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Hi, newbie here.

After 34 year you seem surprised that as always she was right :giggler:
Welcome

Mar 8, 2021
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr E599
Exp
Welcome from Aberdeen.

I do recognise the two wheeled requirement in your life and I hope you've still got one? I bought my first campervan last year and I've really enjoyed it. I just sold the camper yesterday and getting a more suited motorhome next month. I'm still keeping the bike though.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Glad your enjoying it, the excitment and anticipation of a trip away never wears off :D. Welcome to the fun

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Hi, newbie here.

Welcome from Cheshire east 🥳....how have you managed 2 years before joining 🤣

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Hi we used to tour on a Harley, then toured in a camper and towed the bike behind the van, after we got a second dog and now don't take the bike, but we still enjoy getting out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back