Not motorhome insurance but what's is about ? (1 Viewer)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I have constantly received letters for previous owners of my house, 3 and a half years on I opened a letter by mistake today--- a demand for outstanding payment owing for car insurance.
I remember during the first year ( when I also received their car tax reminders & letters from another insurance company so contacted them, spoke to a manager who stopped the mail.
Now today's letter suggests that he's changed insurance companies but still uses my address.
I've no idea where he moved to. Anyone any ideas why he'd be using my address and what I can do to stop it?
( Called this company. And explained , which seemed OK with call centre lady)

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Bl**dy digital age ... I feel your pain

We were getting repeat telephone calls and answer phone messages for a person we'd never heard of, finally answered one and it was a debt collection agency. They promised to delete it from their records but almost exactly a year afterwards it started up again :( Another number used up on call block.

OP
OP
Hollyberry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I've tried searching for him online and think he might have moved to Lincolnshire. His wife ( posts ex now) is shown still living in Paignton but with man if different name. I'm worried in case he's taken loans out using my address & why would you keep using a former address for your car insurance ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
I would inform your local police in writing and then at least if something happens that casts suspicion your way, you will already have proof that it is nothing to do with you.
If you are right that his insurance is declared as being your address, his policy is likely to be void.

OP
OP
Hollyberry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Thanks for all the advice. I will try contacting the police but in this area it's unlikely anyone will be interested.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
It seems to be quite common in our town according to the local facebook page - we're a cheap insurance postcode.

They do everything online so can choose an address wherever they like apparently!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
It seems to be quite common in our town according to the local facebook page - we're a cheap insurance postcode.

They do everything online so can choose an address wherever they like apparently!
Which is fraud invalidating any insurance and can lead to an address being blacklisted on credit agencies

OP
OP
Hollyberry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Absolutely but, when contacted, the insurance companies don't seem to be particularly interested, apparently.

When I contacted the previous one (LV) a manager there was really helpful. That was 2 years ago so he's changed companies but still using my address. I've had a whole spate of letters for them recently, all put back in mailbox marked return to sender--- I'm now worried about what was in them !
I think by a friend looking on Facebook ( which I don't do) and me searching online he works at a printers in Lincoln so I'll phone them after Christmas.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Since 2017
Which is fraud invalidating any insurance and

but if he really is doing this, then he could be at the other end of the country and not give a damn about anything expect NOT pinging ANPR cameras . . .

I'd go straight to the police and report it as fraud. If you have documents relating to insurance then the police will be able to get a registration number.

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
I'd just write NOT AT THIS ADDRESS on them and chuck them in the post.

You're worrying about it far too much :)

If his car insurance company have the wrong address for this guy, that's their issue, not yours.

What do you think could happen? :)

OP
OP
Hollyberry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I'd just write NOT AT THIS ADDRESS on them and chuck them in the post.

You're worrying about it far too much :)

If his car insurance company have the wrong address for this guy, that's their issue, not yours.

What do you think could happen? :)

I've been doing that for 3 and a half years. I have probably returned in excess of 100 envelopes.
What concerns me is why he is still using this address. There's always a reason for behaviour and I want to know why his choice is to use my address. From what I have seen on previous letters, he has changed insurance companies in the last 2 years and chosen to give an address he has no connection to.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I've just had two letters for car insurance (failure to pay) for someone who has never lived at this address. I 've written "not at this address and never has been" and reposted back to sender.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I've been doing that for 3 and a half years. I have probably returned in excess of 100 envelopes.
What concerns me is why he is still using this address. There's always a reason for behaviour and I want to know why his choice is to use my address. From what I have seen on previous letters, he has changed insurance companies in the last 2 years and chosen to give an address he has no connection to.

It is possible he has moved abroad but has not re-registered the vehicle in a new country, so has kept the UK address which DVLA had, as it is illegal to have a vehicle reigistered in UK unless one is resident there. Likewise he has kept the insurance there so that DVLA records tie up.

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back