Not Happy (1 Viewer)

Sep 22, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Just rang saga for a motorhome quote for our new Frankia van we let our old frankia m/home go in July and waited for our new (downsized) van to arrive. taking delivery of new Van in January so rang saga for a quote only to be told that the value was too high a risk for them!! the previous van being bigger was quite a lot more money and they happily insured it for 9 years so now got too start ringing round does this mean nobody can have a new Van and insure with saga? disgruntled.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I'd try doing an online application for a quote.
I've had success like this in the past.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
Does it have to be Saga? If this is how they treat you when you want a quotation (i.e. are thinking of buying from them), what sort of service would you expect in the unfortunate even that you have to make a claim? I'd try another company. Safeguard springs to mind: 0800 024 1017.

OP
OP
teddybear
Sep 22, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Yes am going to ring round the others,went to saga first because have been happy with their service and price over the last few years. But to be told that the price of a new van makes it to high a risk shocked me.Especially as they had happily covered the bigger and more expensive (when new) van for several years.

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
Ironcally for one of the caravan and camping club's insurers mine was too cheap, can't win!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 7, 2015
Newport, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
since 2015 previously caravaning 25 years
Contacted Saga today for a quote, never again !

They refused to quote because I can't provide an invoice for the fitting of the Dunlop air assisted rear suspension kit, never mind their loss.

I'll never deal with Saga again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back