Not Happy, Autotrail Delaware 1 Year Old Failed Habitation Check - Damp (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I've no clue if factually accurate, but have seen claims that AT build quality reduced after Trigano took over, after which staff were more incentivised on the number of units rolling off the production line than product quality?
This I can believe given all our issues :(

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Ours is a 2010 and only issue was bad condensation in overhead bunk. Mums learnt to open window when cooking.

Guess ours is one of the good ones :)

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Ours is a 2010 and only issue was bad condensation in overhead bunk. Mums learnt to open window when cooking.

Guess ours is one of the good ones :)
It is comforting to know there are some out there that are good. There do seem to be a lot with the same issues I.e around damp in the garages.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
We've had our Carthago for 2 years and definitely not our best van by a long way. Our most reliable was a Buccaneer way back when British manufacturers could do quality. The Carthago built quality is excellent but everything else is slowly self destructing including the warped habitation door, splitting frames, door handles breaking, waste tank handle snapped, draughts from everywhere and some electrical issues not to mention rotting aluminium frames. Dealers want blank cheque's just to look at them.
Van conversion by a one man builder next. We're fed up buying trash.
Refreshing to find someone who is honesty about these so called marque manufacturers, personally I think they all have problems no matter how much you pay or where they are manufactured including all the ones supposedly bomb proof

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
<---- 1991 Dethleffs ... still no damp :(

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
:unsure:

Way to talk down UK industry!

I have a UK built motorhome. It does not leak. It does not rattle. It does not roll.
I have had 2 British built new Motorhomes in the last 3 years and they have both been very poorly built. I will only speak as i find, hence why in my opinion i will not be buying anymore British rubbish. This is my opinion based on my experience, i am sure others will say differently. I am glad there are people who have not had and issues as it can be very stressful after forking out over 70k on the last one alone only to find it leaks like a sieve amongst a host of other issues.

I will be glad to get rid of it as it will be gone i just don't know what with yet (just not British)

Of course there is nothing to say the next one won't have issues but at present i won't buy a 3rd that is made here. Time will surely tell.

Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
as I've already said on here , we visited a lot of dealers and couldn't find many ATs without damp for sale. main problems were at front sides and garage doors and areas around them, when you witness a dealer openly drying out the damp in his garage without fixing the cause of the damp just so it passes a habitation damp check you lose faith in dealers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We owned a 2013 Tracker FB it was a great van no damp at all only changed cause needed to tow a trailer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back