Not Going to Newark? Read this. (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Right first things first.

Some of us have been left behind.

So lets start by saying all the things that we are going to be looking forward to this weekend. All those wonderful things we are going to be doing.

I mean,,

Newark, pah! what's there?

I mean who want's to travel all the way over to that part of the world anyway? To get there you have to drive through Nottingham from here, and that all ways poses a risk of getting shot.
And then what's going to be there waiting for you?

Yeah great a load of motorhomers getting drunk and having fun... Like,,, I need to be getting drunk and having fun?

Trust me brothers and sisters, you are far far better staying at home and fulfilling all the meaningless tasks that we will be doing this weekend.

Look at that Grass, Talking to you, isn't it, cut me cut me, its shouting at you.

Then there's Morrison's begging you to shop their.

Yeah, who needs to spend the weekend wondering around a field over there, laughing, joking, soaking up the sun, showing your new motorhome toy off.

No not me :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Balls to it all I say, I am going to be having much more fun sat at home :Blush::Blush::Sad:

Still have a terrible time those that have gone, and I don't expect one single it was great story. :getmecoat:

Still, if you are in Liverpool and fancy something to do at the crack of dawn, you could come and watch the Liverpool 1/2 marathon, whereby Mr Haggers, will be pounding the pavements for good causes,

What you up to?

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Boat out tomorrow, scrubba dub etc cos we've a photographer booked for the afternoon to get the promo shots for website and advertising etc.
Just a bit manic etc
rest of weekend to catch-up on all the jobs i havn't done :Blush:

cheers....nige

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
have a nice stroll in the sunshine:winky: very nice. we are giving Newark a miss this year deffo doing the last Lincoln one and maybe Peterborough. this weekend chilling on a site in Cromer plenty of bevvy and the Grand prix no phone/work bliss:ROFLMAO::Smile: enjoy your weekend fellow funsters:thumb: whatever your doing!:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
I will be spending my weekend by going to work:cry:

Rsamus

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
I mean who want's to travel all the way over to that part of the world anyway? To get there you have to drive through Nottingham from here, and that all ways poses a risk of getting shot.

Well we will be having FUN at Newark, so you will all be missing out!!

As for Nottingham, I have lived in Nottingham for most of my life, and not had any trouble or shootings, so don't be afraid to visit Nottingham and Robin Hood, & Nottingham Castle.

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
We'll be going on a group walk tomorrow morning and then in the afternoon finishing up the job of sorting out the garden pond. In the evening I'll be down the Village Hall shooting the first couple of rounds of the NSRA Light Sporting Rifle National Postal Team Competition.
Saturday, not sure - it promises to be a bit miz down here in Devon, so might do something really intersesting like tidy the office. :Sad:
Sunday I'll be at the shooting field practising my Field Target - I did abysmally at last Sunday Regional Comp. - definitely lack of practice. :Doh:

Next week we'll be getting the MH ready for its first trip out this year; going to Wales and meeting up with Nearly Retired on Thursday for a couple of weeks.

So there's quite a lot of good stuff happening quite soon. :thumb:::bigsmile:

John

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Well whatever you end up doing enjoy it, but dont go near Newark or you maybe hung, strung and ?? Doesnt bare thinking about after your post :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Well whatever you end up doing enjoy it, but dont go near Newark or you maybe hung, strung and ?? Doesnt bare thinking about after your post :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:whatthe:
So what do you know that I don't? I didn't think there was anything particularly outrageous there. ?? :whatthe:

John

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Its weekend at home time at our house.
Though Isabel and I will be hitting the shops on Saturday , lots of nice summer clothes in now ::bigsmile:
Ralph is going to the airport with Jacob checking out the planes, taking Isaac and his BMX so he can jump the mud ramps with all the other bmx'rs at the view point.
Saturday evening Ralph and I will be going out for a meal and then back to Our village club. Its been newly renovated and has a great atmosphere . We dont have to get a babysitter now so its great. We leave the kids alone , and as long as we bring them home a big bag of monstermunch they are happy:roflmto:
Sunday , Ralph and my( gas fitter :thumb:) uncle are fitting a proper outside BBQ point on the motorhome.
Im going to wander Newmillerdam woods with the dogs and kids for a few hours then cooking Roast beef n Yorkshire puds for a late lunch.
We've never even been to a caravan or motorhome show. Never fancied one , though if it were to be with MHF it would be like a big meet and shopping , so we may have to try and get to one.
Bev

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Yeah great a load of motorhomers getting drunk and having fun... Like,,, I need to be getting drunk and having fun?

What you up to?

Sorry, not for us...

We'll be out cycling with Chaz and enjoying the beautiful Suffolk coast .. might squeeze in a spot of sea fishing .. then have a barbie. :thumb:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
so lets see,

work today, night wedding invite tonight, double shift tomorrow at work , carpit fitters comming tomorrow to replace kitchen carpit which I knacked by droping a "fish boneing knife throught my foot" and bled everywhere like mony python (more money spent):Eeek:,

then dinner at friends sat night cause they forgot my birthday (whooo free boozze):wine::wine::wine:,

up very early sunday for the Austrailian Griand Prix::bigsmile:riving2:::bigsmile:riving2:::bigsmile:riving2:

paa who needs newark.............we'd only buy stuff we dont need or have the capacity to carry in m/h

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
We are going 2-3 miles down the road and staying at the Kelvedon Hatch CCC with our local DA.

Its free, with hardstanding and EHU, only catch is that its countrycare weekend. So we have to do some work on Saturday around the site. I wont be working much, whats new you may ask:ROFLMAO:. I hopefully will be on the catering side of things and making tea and coffee for the workers.

Even though supposedly a work weekend we will have a marquee up and have lots of fun. With a group lunch too.

Neil is up in London tonight for a drink up so going away local means we can still get away.

Would have like to have been at Newark, but have no money to spend on the diesel let alone buying things at the show that we dont need.

Although it is a great get together of FUNSTERS. Have fun!

Pat

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9

yeah Like I would be worried about 70 grumpy old motorhome fun men chasing me round Newark, pah, they would never catch me for a start, they would probably be too drunk and Im too fast:Eeek::Eeek: :pray:

[HI][STRIKE]did i really say that [/STRIKE][/HI]

However, the 70 beautiful motorhome funster ladies? well, they would have no problem catching me, after all I would slow down for them ::bigsmile::smalllove: :lipstick::blonde2:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I shall be sitting around someplace at my smallholding, supping beer, sowing seeds, weeding, empire building and watching the world go by, whilst Southern Water Board, dig up a neighboring field to find out how they managed to switch my water off. In the mean time the lazy buzzard will be circling overhead looking for Rabbits, hares will dart from view whenever he passes over and the small birds start collecting grass and horsehair to make this years nests. Holiday makers start to make their way to woolacombe, passing my gate, the motorhomers all waving as they do so. (when I am taking a morning coffee break in my motorhome that is, hee hee.)
53c01c10.jpg

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Yeah great a load of motorhomers getting drunk and having fun... Like,,, I need to be getting drunk and having fun

:ROFLMAO: I hope you dont mean that the Funsters get up to this sort of behaviour

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Well i can see where you are coming from about not wanting to goto Newark i have just about got the Motorhome water tanks filled and going for fuel after work at 12 on this lovely sunny day, Then head home and start that awful loading of the van and wait for the kids to finish school to then head to Newark, I ain't looking forward to getting there and setting up and sitting with the others drinking myself stupid it really is not my type of thing..... Oh hangon yes it is BEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!

Enjoy you time at home peeps.....

:ROFLMAO:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Well i can see where you are coming from about not wanting to goto Newark i have just about got the Motorhome water tanks filled and going for fuel after work at 12 on this lovely sunny day, Then head home and start that awful loading of the van and wait for the kids to finish school to then head to Newark, I ain't looking forward to getting there and setting up and sitting with the others drinking myself stupid it really is not my type of thing..... Oh hangon yes it is BEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!

mumble mumble mumble....:cry:

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
After too much beer and fun do I really want to wake up surrounded by 50,000 people looking at motorhome spares and accessories? Hmm maybe not - I'll take the quiet road :Cool:

David

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005

Does anyone else feel this post needs reporting?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
As I cannot go now

As we had to pull out at the last moment.. sues work commitments .. Blasted wasted money.. Even the tickets sent to another MHF member did not reach him in the post.

So tomorrow Sue is doing the last bits of shopping with our daughter for our trip to the South of France in early April. The RV is ready to roll as it was ready for Newark... The only bright side is I am not making the petrol companies more money for the long round trip from Tunbridge Wells to Newark... Plus as said earlier I can do without the bullet holes in the body work:Blush:

Other than Sue doing the shopping, I think it is going to be a quite weekend.

...nice and sunny in the garden just now.. Been sitting out side with a coffee instead of hauling on a Friday up the M25/M11 etc., But I will miss the beer and all our friends.

Bob:Eeek:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh well some of have to go away in the week when it is sun was shining it was difficult but we went to Bwyt-y-coed and rambled along the banks of the Dee past beautiful little waterfalls and though quiet forests not seeing a soul, sitting on fallen trees and listening to the birds singing, then we forced our selves to go to Bala lake and explore there amazing to see how high it had been after the flood, oh then we went to Llandudno and had a wander around there in the sun, that was hard work.

The week end will be difficult with OH chilling watching the grand prix and I'll potter in the garden, but I bet it won't be long before them wheels need turning again. ::bigsmile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Aftering racing my way up France I am calling in on my friends (and Funsters) Mel (aka Vicarious Books' top photographer) and his child bride Christine... I haven't told them when I am arriving otherwise Christine will go to the trouble of cooking me a huge meal like the last time I was there with Smudger.

JJ :thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
After too much beer and fun do I really want to wake up surrounded by 50,000 people looking at motorhome spares and accessories? Hmm maybe not - I'll take the quiet road :Cool:

David

Is that how busy it gets :whatthe: I never realized .
I think we will stick to the regular fun meets and shopping for motorhome bits n bobs online.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We started our full-timing adventure at Newark two years ago, the Fun rally was our very first stop and first rally! :Smile: Met some lovely people, wish we could be there this year.

Mind you we are at the aire in Mortagne sur Gironde where the sun is shining so we definitely cannot complain ::bigsmile: A great place to watch our first grand prix of the year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back