Not giving up on skiing this winter...yet! (1 Viewer)

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have a chalet booked for Christmas week…a roll over from last year , that had been booked the year before !!! Work that out? And have booked Feb half term so everything crossed. If all goes well, Easter skiing at L2A. Really need my snow fix.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
We have a chalet booked for Christmas week…a roll over from last year , that had been booked the year before !!! Work that out? And have booked Feb half term so everything crossed. If all goes well, Easter skiing at L2A. Really need my snow fix.
Very similar we have a trip that was originally booked Jan 2020
Fingers crossed and thinking of booking something for March

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Never worked out how the first big outbreak outside China was in a ski resort?
Why not?. It had to be somewhere. We're lucky it was as we don't have any proper ski resorts in the UK it gave us a little more time.
We're booked in Austria mid January.

Last edited:

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
A Guy flew directly from a business trip in China to a chalet somewhere in the Alps , boom
Think it was from Wuhan too .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Also Northern Italy is Chinas gateway in to the EU .000's of chinese work there .They travel back & forward . The Italians became infected & passed it around in the ski resorts.
A Guy flew directly from a business trip in China to a chalet somewhere in the Alps , boom
Think it was from Wuhan too .
He flew into France & spread it around a ski resort there before taking it to the UK. A spaniard who was there took it back to Mallorca etc; etc.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Honestly I suspect it was in Europe 2-3 months earlier if not more, it was just not recognised.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Honestly I suspect it was in Europe 2-3 months earlier if not more, it was just not recognised.
I know a lot think that but the way deaths changed doesn't really support that. As there was so little testing early on we'll never really know

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
The shit really hit the fan when the German waiter in ishgul caught the virus and spread to everyone in the apre ski bar. It was spread all over Europe.
Just about the same time in was in Obergurgl.😳

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
If anyone who has had both vaccinations is planning to ski in Austria over the winter they need to check the latest restrictions by the Austrian government on UK tourists.
According to an article in the Telegraph, they have imposed a 9-month deadline on double jabbed UK tourists. So if you received your 2nd jab around April time, as I did, then you have until January to go on a skiing holiday. I really hope this is not the case as I was hoping to go to Obergurgl in late February.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
If anyone who has had both vaccinations is planning to ski in Austria over the winter they need to check the latest restrictions by the Austrian government on UK tourists.
According to an article in the Telegraph, they have imposed a 9-month deadline on double jabbed UK tourists. So if you received your 2nd jab around April time, as I did, then you have until January to go on a skiing holiday. I really hope this is not the case as I was hoping to go to Obergurgl in late February.
I would imagine you should have been offered a booster jab by then.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Lets hope so we're booked to Austria Jan 2022 my second jab was January 21. That being said I work with patients in the NHS so should get a booster pretty soon after they start .

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
booked Chalet in morzine for family group Feb half term 2022, not a lot around due to being carried forward from previous years cancellations. have noticed a hike in the ski passes though.
now looking for a 15 seater minibus, as regular companies have folded. so anybody out there any connections with schools, scouts or associations in Kent who might hire out.
1630077168085.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back