Not doing that again in a hurry (1 Viewer)

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
well yesterday morning as i was not working i decided that as the motorhome was looking a little bit on the grubby side i would give it a wash:Doh::Doh:
well after 3 and a half hours and 6 buckets of wash solution it was looking a little more respectable except the front of the overbed bit due to lack of reach and suffering what can only be described as snow blindness for hours afterwards.:cry::cry:
i think i will pay someone to do it next time. :Blush::Blush:
the car only took 5 minutes to wash and then it subsequently broke down. must have been shock or something:shout::shout::thumb:

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi,
Just posted in Tech/Mech re my experiences with a power polishing buff - really easy,
just what you need now that the washing is done :thumb:

OP
OP
aba

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
polishing

now i can see that taking all day:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
more snow blindness:Eeek::Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Give it a quick wash once a month, makes it much easier to keep clean.

A good wax 'n' polish twice a year makes it even easier. :winky:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Until a couple of months ago I had always washed our van using shampoo solution in a bucket, a brush with an extending handle and big, scary stepladders so I could do the roof.

At the Newark show we saw the demonstration of Link Removed and bought some. Still need the big, scary stepladders to reach parts of the vehicle but the effort involved is certainly no more than with the brush and the end result is much better.

As Spacerunner says, regular cleaning makes it much easier to keep clean. No need for a separate wax and polish though because Onedrywash includes wax so the job is done at the same time.

Graham

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
i have just cleaned ours but done away with the big step ladders as christine bought me one of the multi-purpose ladders which even straddels the front of the MH to alow me to clean the top of the lutton got it from here Link Removed , the 240 volt polisher does make it a lot easier

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
heres a cheeky plan.....

when the local boyscouts are doing a carwash for charity, usually at your local supermarket carpark, take the van and offer them a tenner to wash and wax it..

you only have the roof to do then. :thumb::ROFLMAO:

Tkly

Free Member
Nov 27, 2009
Near Stonehenge
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
9 Years
one ~Sat going through Shaftsbury pilled into the fire station as they were doing a charity car wash. their faces were a picture a micra in front and a golf behind 22' of van. mind you they did a good job ::bigsmile:

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
I must be a saddo cos I seem to be in a minority here, I acctually enjoy cleaning my van..........including the roof. Come on guys its not that hard or time consuming if you keep on top of it. You just need the propper cleaning stuff, a nice day or evening, some cans of coke in the fridge and a bottle of malt (or whatever floats yer boat) to look forward to when your done. And the added bonus that the mrs will be ever so impressed with your handy work (allways a bonus to keep em sweet :winky:)
In fact I will be washing the van this evening then autoglyming (probably not a word) on saturday.
:Smile:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Always takes me a couple of hours use a very soft broom for sides & roof then once or twice a year I get on the roof to give it a proper clean.
I never use washes with wax as they ruin the windscreen wipers & leave a film on the screen.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back