Not been on here for awhile just looking to book a few nights but find it very annoying that you have to pay extra for an awning (1 Viewer)

Jerrym

Free Member
Jul 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo
Exp
Since 2015
Haven’t been on here for awhile just thought I’d try and book a few nights away but find it very annoying that you have to pay extra to put the awning out why?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Well thanks for all you’re inputs it seems that a wind out awning is not a awning until it is enclosed which I don’t do anyway , but why would you have to pay extra on a hard standing pitch
Because the vehicle is normally on the gravel and the awning on or partially on the grass.

Don't forget as campsite owners we get the other argument for the people that want to open their boiled eggs on the pointy end (Imagine this being asked in an annoying whiny voice :- That man is paying the same as me and he has a dog and an awning, it's not fair, I'm entitled a refund surely?" (End of grating, whiny voice mode)

Much easier to have a basic fair charge, add a little bit for the additional bits and pieces that people bring, and look over the shoulder and say "NEXT" to the person trying to argue the toss! Simples!

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Haven't needed or wished to use our awning since we sold the caravan & bought a MH, That's because apart from a Fun Meet, we are never there long enough to warrant putting it up, even though its an air one and is up in a jiffy.
We have a wind out full length Awning its been wound out 3 times in three years, I wouldn't bother getting one again, pop up tent is the way to go.
I do hate to see awnings up in winter, with fan heaters blasting heat out 24/7 just to keep the dogs warm as witnessed on CMC sites, no wonder they charge so much, they have to recoup the lecky costs of their winter visitors, hence why so many close in winter I guess.
Good job I am not a site owner or a warden. I would have credit meters on every pitch like they do in some places in Spain or France, makes sense pay for what you use, rather than include it for those that are self sufficient.
LES

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Is it the case that the CMC don't charge for awnings or they charge everyone what it would cost if they did have an awning and just don't take it off if you don't have one!
I think they are still a bit caravan biased otherwise they would have drive over drains on all sites.

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Is it the case that the CMC don't charge for awnings or they charge everyone what it would cost if they did have an awning and just don't take it off if you don't have one!
I think they are still a bit caravan biased otherwise they would have drive over drains on all sites.
They charge for everything, whether you use it, bring it, whatever, which makes you feel a mug for not using them, they dont even have enough non electric pitches available for those that are self sufficient,or offer a discount for not plugging in, hence why we walked away last year.
LES

Upvote 0

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Also know as a divorce in a bag!
1. Wind awning back in
2. To SWMBO: 'Wind your neck back in'
3. Phone to book appointment in A&E for resetting broken nose
4. Contemplate the celibate life. You'll have plenty of time to acclimatise :rolleyes: (y)

Steve

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back