Not all bio tablets are equal! (1 Viewer)

PrettyandFluffy

Free Member
May 17, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G730
Exp
About 5 years
Yes, it's a toilet thread!
As relative newbies we switched to using bio detergent as a toilet cassette additive instead of green or blue stuff after reading tips on this Forum and have found it works well. Recently we ran out of (Asda bio laundry) tablets whilst we were away and decided to buy pods instead. Guided by a special offer we bought Persil bio pods and are very impressed by how much better they seem to work. Now the toilet actually smells nice rather than just OK. A worthwhile purchase.

Aug 17, 2019
Highlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
5 years
We also use the Persil bio pods and they definitely smell better. The other brands I can’t stand the smells from then after one day.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The Persil pod are likely more concentrated so you are actually using more of the product than you would with a liquid ... it's something I always check when buying them for home use, you could try to use more of the liquid and see if it improves it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PrettyandFluffy

PrettyandFluffy

Free Member
May 17, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G730
Exp
About 5 years
The Persil pod are likely more concentrated so you are actually using more of the product than you would with a liquid ... it's something I always check when buying them for home use, you could try to use more of the liquid and see if it improves it.
I don't use commercial laundry detergent at home, I make my own - only use the commercial stuff in the motorhome toilet!

May 23, 2021
Beds.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Harmony
Exp
Since 2021...
Sorry to ask perhaps an obvious question (newbie), but where do you put the bio tablet?

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Sorry to ask perhaps an obvious question (newbie), but where do you put the bio tablet?
In the toilet cassette.

Empty cassette, flush and drain, then pop a pod in there when it's back in place under the loo. 👍🏻😀

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I am using surf liquid not very good seems to pong of ammonia. Could be the hot weather but I'm not a happy bunny.I leavery a drop on the top of the closed trap it acts like air freshener used lidl brand before that appeared to be ok

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We tend to use a bit of toilet fluid and a bit of clothes wash liquid but non bio as we have sensitive skin and it is dual purpose. I'm not sure if the bio bit makes a difference has anyone tried bio and non bio to compare

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
The theory is that the enzyme action from the bio pods helps to break down the waste. They work well in our experience, so we haven’t seen a reason to try non bio.

OP
OP
PrettyandFluffy

PrettyandFluffy

Free Member
May 17, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G730
Exp
About 5 years
We tend to use a bit of toilet fluid and a bit of clothes wash liquid but non bio as we have sensitive skin and it is dual purpose. I'm not sure if the bio bit makes a difference has anyone tried bio and non bio to compare
In our MH there is space to keep a box of the pods in front of the toilet cassette, you're not going to put anything else there (are you?!) so they're not taking up space and when you empty the cassette they're there to remind you.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
In our MH there is space to keep a box of the pods in front of the toilet cassette, you're not going to put anything else there (are you?!) so they're not taking up space and when you empty the cassette they're there to remind you.
I meant as were taking clothes washing liquid anyway why not use it for both. I asked if anyone had tried bio and non bio as I recon it's mainly the scent that makes the difference.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I am using surf liquid not very good seems to pong of ammonia. Could be the hot weather but I'm not a happy bunny.I leavery a drop on the top of the closed trap it acts like air freshener used lidl brand before that appeared to be ok
I keep a spay bottle of diluted pink flush additive by the loo and after closing the slider, spray a bit on top and trap in with the seat lid. Does your van have a SOG, I think that’s really what helps with any smells - just send them somewhere else :ROFLMAO:

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
But can you use them in septic tanks?

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Excuse my ignorance, thinking about transitioning to doing the same instead of Thetford green stuff, which bio stuff is best to use - tablets, capsules, pods or liquid? :unsure:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We’ve got a sog too so don’t get the smells in the van, but Ralph puts a splash of dettol in our cassette.

OP
OP
PrettyandFluffy

PrettyandFluffy

Free Member
May 17, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G730
Exp
About 5 years
I meant as were taking clothes washing liquid anyway why not use it for both. I asked if anyone had tried bio and non bio as I recon it's mainly the scent that makes the difference.
No, it's the enzymes that make the difference.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Excuse my ignorance, thinking about transitioning to doing the same instead of Thetford green stuff, which bio stuff is best to use - tablets, capsules, pods or liquid? :unsure:
I think this could be a personal preference answer I use bold non bio caps at home for cloths not loo. But the liquid in the van lidl didn't have the big bottle so got surf. The van has been parked all week in the sun and the loo not used it am thinking maybe not enough water to start.I usually put some in to kick start it. Pick a smell you like and a container that fits easily in you van. You should have the fresh washed aroma then when you open the door I leave a little.sometimes a lot on the trap.as Riverbankannie advises .left neat zoflora on the trap when I went for breakfast and a slurp in the cassette masking it lovely 😑

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Just wondering about this bio non bio. I THINK I was using non bio when I had my faceful explosion. (see my posting Oh Sh*t). I had run out of the usual Formil bio, and pinched some non bio from the home supply. But that's the opposite of what you'd expect, you'd think the bio could build up pressure in the tank, not non bio. But have been using Formil Bio for years. Never had a pressure build up, even going over mountain passes. One of the mysteries of the bog!

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Lidl bio pods. One in the cassette and one in the flush filler when filling up, (it dissolves in about a minute). No probs in about 5 years 👍

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Liquid is our preferred stuff, or was when we didn't have a SOG, simply because you can easily adjust the amount depending on how often you are emptying the cassette, if you have emptied it and know you can do it again the following day you don't need loads, you can easily add more each day if the duration is longer (it's also cheaper than all the other options!).

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I think this could be a personal preference answer I use bold non bio caps at home for cloths not loo. But the liquid in the van lidl didn't have the big bottle so got surf. The van has been parked all week in the sun and the loo not used it am thinking maybe not enough water to start.I usually put some in to kick start it. Pick a smell you like and a container that fits easily in you van. You should have the fresh washed aroma then when you open the door I leave a little.sometimes a lot on the trap.as Riverbankannie advises .left neat zoflora on the trap when I went for breakfast and a slurp in the cassette masking it lovely 😑
Be careful putting/leaving stuff on the seal as it may damage it.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Been on the tabs for 4 years and tesco own brand ones that we bought recently are the best we have found. From meh to that’s ok.

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
As above we also keep a bottle of tank fresh diluted in a spray bottle near the bog..uses less water .
Also lob a tablet in if I can be bothered..but often nothing at all..can't stand the smell of green or blue toilet chemicals.

Oh we do have a SOG fitted 💩💨

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back