LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Or Fred Olsen...... for cheap deals wait until about 2 weeks before departure. Or as we did a couple of years back book 2 weeks before departure and then the follow on cruise when on board! A month away for less than £600 each and only drinks / trips ashore to pay for.

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
I Know what you mean 3 weeks in norway and the import limits would be pushed! How many people are inspected ..... Are they bothered .... Naughty I know .... But I want to know!

If the Norwegians read this thread they will & that'll apply to ALL Funsters

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
I just think it sad you need to worry about how much booze you can smuggle into Norway ..

enjoy the trip with the legal limit and give your liver a holiday ..

better still have a booze free trip.. you might even enjoy it.

My liver is absolutely fine thanks never had a drink problem, however enjoying a glass of wine or two with a meal is a simple pleasure that I like to partake of whilst on holiday .... Even at home sometimes!

I doubt a couple of people asking about import restrictions is going to change the way they operate, If it was a Funsters meet that might be different! If Jim would like to delete my posts I don't have any objections.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I've got a feeling that the Norwegian customs authorities have got more important priorities than a few old English Motorhome owners bringing a few extra bottles into the country

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
You lot aren't devious enough,just fill your fresh water tank with your favourite tipple then when over the border decant into bottles .
Then flush tank and fill up with fresh water! :imoutahere:

Vlad

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
You lot aren't devious enough,just fill your fresh water tank with your favourite tipple then when over the border decant into bottles .
Then flush tank and fill up with fresh water! :imoutahere:

Vlad
Not sure I could drink that much Creme De Menth

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
we drove into Norway via Sweden with 40 bottles of wine in the garage

I have just realised that this makes me look like an alcoholic :eek:

I should have said that as we were touring for the summer this was the total quantity of wine that we were carrying 'in stock' to last us another 3 to 4 months. It was wine that we had previously bought in France and Portugal and Spain on earlier tours :)

I had not thought about Norwegian alcohol laws so we had to 'make the best it' once we realised (preferred the risk of confiscation rather than drink it all at the border :whatthe: or throw it away) :Eeek::Eeek:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
How do they reconcile the limits with EU freedom of movement rules ,As they would be for your own consumption,which apply exactly the same as they are in the EEa ?

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Is it anything to do with it? They are not in the EU so the old rules apply. This is why we see different rates for EU and non EU sales in the "duty free" shops beyond security at our airports.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
No but they are in the EEa ,the limits of Which are , 1 litre of spirits (above 22% alcohol) or 2 L of alcohol (e.g. sparkling wine below 22% alcohol) and 4 L of non-sparkling wine and 16 L of beer. These are fixed amounts & not normally able to be altered , unlike the tobacco limit? Peculiar ?

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
No but they are in the EEa ,the limits of Which are , 1 litre of spirits (above 22% alcohol) or 2 L of alcohol (e.g. sparkling wine below 22% alcohol) and 4 L of non-sparkling wine and 16 L of beer. These are fixed amounts & not normally able to be altered , unlike the tobacco limit? Peculiar ?
It excludes food and drink as these are subsidised within the area.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I just think it sad you need to worry about how much booze you can smuggle into Norway ..

enjoy the trip with the legal limit and give your liver a holiday ..

better still have a booze free trip.. you might even enjoy it.

In the words of W C Fields, "Drink problem, no problem". He probably hadn,t paid Norwegian prices though.
Phil

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
the restriction on importation of potatoes bothered us much more than alcohol----------just manage with what you are allowed and enjoy Norway for what it is

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back