Norway tolls and Oresund Bridge (2 Viewers)

Apr 24, 2019
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Currently planning trip Denmark to Sweden via Oresund Bridge, up through Norway and back through Sweden.

As I understand it, we need a Bropass tag for the bridge and an Autopass tag for the road tolls. Is that correct?

Do we need a different tag for Sweden?

Any advice, gratefully received, thank you in advance.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We drove all the way up through Denmark and took a ferry from Frederikshaven to Gothenburg. It was cheaper than crossing by the bridges and we could take our dog into a lounge area for pets on the ferry rather than leave him in the motorhome. Returned the same way.

We drove up through Sweden on the central road and crossed into Norway via Gaddede which is reached via the Wilderness route. No border controls.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think it depends on the length of the MH.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
At the time we had a 7.5M van and found it cheaper to go via Ferry from Travemunde to Malmo then we jumped on the train back to visit Copenhagen

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Not really necessary. We drove all the way up to Nordkapp via Sweden and Finland then back south through Norway, using toll roads (difficult, nay impossible to avoid them). About 3 weeks after we returned we received an invoice, in Sterling from a London-based company, for all the automated tolls we used which we paid by card. We did keep a record of the automated tolls as we went through them and it was spot on accurate.

We did, however, buy the Scandinavian Campercard, a carnet type card, before we left the UK at a cost of around £5. This ternds to get asked for at most of the campsites, who will also sell you one if you haven't already got it. It also offers various discounts, one of which was for, strangely, the Germany/Denmark ferry. Didn't seem to work for the Oresund bridge though, and that's quite an expensive crossing if you're over 6m.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We have a BroPass which worked very well on the bridge and tolls. No need for any other tag system.

Using the pass gives a discount on the bridge. I believe that you also get a discount on the tolls too if your vehicle is under the size limit - ours was too big so we didn’t qualify. It’s definitely worth getting one.

OP
OP
Slimalex
Apr 24, 2019
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Thank you. I wondered whether of using the bridge, one still had to get a tag for the roads as well. Reading the literature, that seems to be the case.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
The BroPass does both bridge and tolls. We travelled in 2018 and 2019 covering around 14 thousand miles in Norway - all fees were via our BroPass - I don’t know if anything’s changed.

As I mentioned earlier, there are discounts on toll roads and some ferries if your vehicle is eligible. You need to check the criteria online.

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
I,ve never got a tag for roads or bridge.As said a bill for the tolls turns up in the post.Quite reasonable.Mine was approx £54 for a tour in may 2018 up to nordkaap and back down the coast.The oresund bridge was like a longer version of the severn bridge but getting charged €100 for the privilege in a 6.5 metre motorhome.I,ve yet to get the bill for our trip in september but I,m sure it,ll turn up soon.personally I use the rostock - Trelleborg ferry half the price of the bridge and cuts out denmark.

OP
OP
Slimalex
Apr 24, 2019
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Thank you. Now I understand. I assumed, wrongly that you needed two tags, should one use the bridge as well.
Thus, if one uses the bridge then Bropass covers the toll roads as well. However, if you don’t use the bridge you only need Autopass?

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Slimalex - there's some info on tags and tolls which you might find useful in this document I wrote following our trip last year:

Very useful post Steve, I'd seen the Autopass discount mentioned before but too late for my trip two years ago when I just had the Brobizz. It got me over both Danish bridges in a 7.5m van for £75, I came back via Kristiansand and Hirtshals. What I do find confusing is the following:

"The ferry service provider will issue AutoPASS ferry cards, but the AutoPASS tag will be issued by the general tag issuers. See autopass.no for information about the tag issuer."

Not so much confusing but when checking prices in 2018 each region had it's own ferry operator so does it mean registering with each one assuming you're travelling much of the west coast? There are around a dozen operators mentioned on the link.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
The pass saved us about 50% on the bridge tolls which was useful as I hadn’t factored for there being two big bridges on that route ?

but same Bropass covered bridges from Denmark and Norway tolls ?

Steve938

Free Member
Feb 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Slimalex - yes, if you don't want/need the 50% discount on the Oresund and Storebaelt bridges then just an AutoPass tag is all you need. The EasyGO tags (Brobizz,OresundBizz) can be used to pay for some other things outside of Norway though (e.g. Danish ferries - check their websites for full list) which the AutoPASS cannot.

Bailey58 - all of the regional road toll operators issue AutoPASS tags that work Norway-wide, it's just a case of picking which one you prefer to have as your provider. Bergen is a popular choice. There is only one AutoPASSferry account though which can be used to pay for all Norwegian ferries. Any AutoPASS or EasyGO tag can be linked to the ferry a/c by the tag number and when the tag is read the discounted (50% and one fare rate for all vehicles up to 8 metres) ferry payment will be taken from the pre-paid AutoPASSferry account.

OP
OP
Slimalex
Apr 24, 2019
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Thank you. I'd like to go over the bridge, so will just get the Bropass tag. As I understand this, only needing the that tag and not the Autopass.
The return journey depends on time remaining. My partner doesn't like ferries!

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Thanks, Steve938 for that PDF.
We are in the planning stage for our three-month Scandi trip starting May 1st from Dunkirk. I have been getting very confused by the many Bizz's, AutoPass, BroBIZZ, BroPASS, EasyGO, and the ØresundBizz.
Firstly we are 4,5 tonne and 7.1 meter, so think or thought a Tag/Bizz/OBU is mandatory, and looking at the prices in your PDF why would anybody just rely on the ANPR, ok under 3.5T the savings are not as great but 15% to 20% is not to be sniffed at.
I did contact EuroBIZZ which is supposed to work in Spain and France as well but they replied that only commercials could use that and I needed to get a BroBIZZ but have just recently heard about the ØresundBizz which I believe works in all the places the BroBIZZ does but also gives 50% discount on the Øresund bridge.
The BroBIZZ costs 200DKK which today is £22, the BroPass costs €43 (£35) per year but comes with the ØresundBizz and gives 50% discount on the Øresund bridge, does the BroBizz do that?
So it is all very confusing so anybody with any more info especially for over 3.5T I would love to hear it.
We plan to stop with friends at Lubek, cross over to Zealand up to Copenhagen then either the Øresund bridge or the Helsingor crossing then head for Stockholm then north around the eastern side of the Baltic to cross into Finland at the top. Then north through Finland cross into Norway and up to the North Cape then work our way south via the Norway Coast seeing as much as we can right round to Gothenburg and across to Denmark heading south via Hamburg and on to the South of France.
If anybody has any comments or suggestions again would love to hear them. That is just from looking at routes on Autoroute and places the Bumbles and Our Tours went to.
Steve

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Yes it is confusing but no doubt Steve938 will know. I've just registered for Autopass using the Bergen link as it was the most familiar. Received the tag in the post yesterday and a pro forma invoice for NKr3600 which I assume I can leave until we decide whether we go or not. I still have the Brobizz tag so it may pay me to renew the account for what it costs in case we use the bridge as it doesn't seem the Autopass applies. I'm under 3500kg so no help for bigger vans but Brobizz certainly gave me a good discount on the bridge.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
I'm under 3500kg so no help for bigger vans but Brobizz certainly gave me a good discount on the bridge.
So the BroBizz gave the discount on the bridge as well rather than having the ØresundBizz or perhaps it is more with the BroPass as well. Oh, Dear, my head hurts!
Steve

Deleted User
Thanks, Steve938 for that PDF.
We are in the planning stage for our three-month Scandi trip starting May 1st from Dunkirk. I have been getting very confused by the many Bizz's, AutoPass, BroBIZZ, BroPASS, EasyGO, and the ØresundBizz.
Firstly we are 4,5 tonne and 7.1 meter, so think or thought a Tag/Bizz/OBU is mandatory, and looking at the prices in your PDF why would anybody just rely on the ANPR, ok under 3.5T the savings are not as great but 15% to 20% is not to be sniffed at.
I did contact EuroBIZZ which is supposed to work in Spain and France as well but they replied that only commercials could use that and I needed to get a BroBIZZ but have just recently heard about the ØresundBizz which I believe works in all the places the BroBIZZ does but also gives 50% discount on the Øresund bridge.
The BroBIZZ costs 200DKK which today is £22, the BroPass costs €43 (£35) per year but comes with the ØresundBizz and gives 50% discount on the Øresund bridge, does the BroBizz do that?
So it is all very confusing so anybody with any more info especially for over 3.5T I would love to hear it.
We plan to stop with friends at Lubek, cross over to Zealand up to Copenhagen then either the Øresund bridge or the Helsingor crossing then head for Stockholm then north around the eastern side of the Baltic to cross into Finland at the top. Then north through Finland cross into Norway and up to the North Cape then work our way south via the Norway Coast seeing as much as we can right round to Gothenburg and across to Denmark heading south via Hamburg and on to the South of France.
If anybody has any comments or suggestions again would love to hear them. That is just from looking at routes on Autoroute and places the Bumbles and Our Tours went to.
Steve
I did a very similar route to you, only in reverse. I Used the BroPass as I wanted to cross both bridges in both directions and I knew I was going to be crossing them again on another trip so priority was the 50% reduction in prices to cross rather than accumulated toll road charges. Upfront price recovered in savings in a single crossing. Was accepted on all roads in Norway.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Just gone through the process If you are over 3.5 tons you need a bronizz which registers you as a motorhome leisure vehicle rather than a commercial vehicle, a big difference in fees. Also register with Norway’s EPC as a back up just Incase there is a problem with the Brobizz clocking your vehicle - they take Brobizz first priority not both. the electronic gismo arrived within a week.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Thanks, Lada & pandas , I am trying to work out whether to take the ferry from Travemunde near Lubec over to Malmo. Or to drive and take the bridge so it would be worth the £35 for the BroPass which comes with the Bizz. The ferry is about £89 so I think the bridge would be a better experience so am leaning that way.
Any comments on the vague route, I am guessing that Norway will be more spectacular than Sweden but would like to experience Sweden so think that the scenery will be building to a climax.
What sort of time did you both take for the trip? I am guessing that driving in Norway will be slow but is Sweden easier?
I know it will probably be the most expensive three-month trip ever but it is fairly high on the bucket list. I have driven beyond the Tropic of Cancer in the South of Morocco so the Arctic Circle and above seems to be calling before I am too old for a ten thousand mile drive! We live in the South of France.
Steve

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
My view is keep to the bottom 1/3 of Sweden which is fantastic - visit Gotland well worth it. Heading to the north you realise once you have counted the first 1million trees they all look the same and no vistas like Canada/Alaska. We spent just over a month in Sweden which was about right. 5 weeks planned for Norway.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
So the BroBizz gave the discount on the bridge as well rather than having the ØresundBizz or perhaps it is more with the BroPass as well. Oh, Dear, my head hurts!
Steve

I just had the Brobizz which gave me the discount on the (2) bridges as well as picking up all the tolls in Norway. It linked to EPC (European Parking Collection) for payment. I got a monthly statement from them which was paid by pre-registered credit card. The introduction of Autopass Ferry in January 2019 (I think) confuses things a bit but not too much. I've emailed them with a few queries so will report back.

Edit: They're on the ball, email reply this morning:

Your tag with number xxxxxx is linked to xxxxxxx in your AutoPASS ferry agreement.

When you pass the ferry that have tag as a payment method, this will be taken from the balance on your account. (As long as you have a positive balance in your agreement)

The 3600 is in NOK (norske kroner)

You can pay the amount when you wish, but your agreement is not valid until we have registered your payment. So its important that you pay before you use the ferrys to get the max discount of 50 %.

The ferry payments will be taken from the balance you have on your account. For toll payments on road, you have to contact the company from where you got the your tag.

Your AutoPASS will give discount on Danish bridges as well as long as your tag is part of EasyGO. From the search i made on your tag, it seems it is part of EasyGO and you will get discount when you pass Danish bridges. So you do not need a BroBizz.

Off out soon so I will check Autopass later and sus out the payment method, if it was as easy as Brobizz/EPC it will be no problem.

Easygo

Last edited:

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Thanks Bailey58 , I emailed the Øresund bridge company yesterday and got this back this morning:
He didn't answer my question on whether the two Bizz's were identical in general discounts but if they are then even just one trip across the bridge makes it worthwhile getting the BroPass & Tag from them.
The normal bridge cost for a Camper over 6mt = €108 which he suggests is the cost with a BroBizz
With the BroPass which costs €43 per year then the toll over 6mt = €46 so total €89 which includes a Bizz if you tick the box.
Except, there is EasyGO and AutoPASS which come into the equation and confuses me but I think that AutoPass is just in Norway but EasyGO is Norway, Sweden & Denmark so probably appropriate fo me. But now you have mentioned EPC which none of their info mentions perhaps because they usually handle the collections of tolls from people who just rely on the Numberplate Recognition system so perhaps not necessary if one has a BroBizz or ØresundBizz who have a linked credit card (I think!).
p.s. have just read that someone encountered some ad-hoc roadworks in Norway which just had ANPR and the collection was handled by EPC so perhaps it is worth registering with them so that bills come through quicker and will be charged to the registered Credit Card.
Steve

Hi Steve!
There are two companies.
There are us, the Oresund Bridge and we offer the BroPas contract which offers the best prices over the Oresund Bridge
Link prices Oresund Bridge: https://www.oresundsbron.com/en/prices
And there is BroBizz, a Danish company that does not offer better prices over the Oresund Bridge - if you order a Bizz from them for toy will pay full price over the Oresund Bridge: https://brobizz.com/en/
Therefore I recommend the BroPas contract as it will be thye cheapest option for you.
Please don't forget to click on "register bizz" in the order form, if not we will not send a physical bizz device.

Link: https://www.oresundsbron.com/en/signup/bropas

I hope this answers all your questions.

Have a nice trip!

Best Regards / Vänliga hälsningar / Venlig hilsen

Jakob

Øresundsbron Customer Centre / Kundcenter / Kundecenter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries