Northwards and Upwards, the Sojurn is about to Begin (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Almost ready for the off, MH just about packed, this is the one I've wanted to do for years the far North coast of Scotland.

Its been a frantic couple of days, home on leave Wednesday pm, pick up MH from storage, yesterday spent sorting out a small leak in bathroom that became a nightmare taking all day, numerous 36 mile round trips to local plumbers merchants but all done this morning. I'm supposed to be relaxing on leave after a rather hectic month away at sea, bloody knackered! :cry:

Looking after neighbours house and god-daughters pets while they holidayed in Scotland (tuggers), the've just arrived back tonight, undecided when they left last week but Sunderland Air Show tomorrow was the decider.

We'd decided to leave early Sunday but are now looking at later tomorrow :thumb:

Booked into a CL North of Perth on Sunday, then onto the Brahan Estate at Digwall overnight then a couple of nights on the coast North of Ullapool then as the fancy takes us for almost 2 weeks following the coast eastwards. Hoping to do our first wilding and my first mainland visit to Sutherland, done it by sea and anchored / visited various lochs and ports, I'm so looking forward to this one::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

peterandclare

Free Member
Nov 8, 2010
warrington UK
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dont forget orkney is worth a day trip

we went from john o groats as day trip with coach tour included (actually a great way to take in key histyorical sites )
DSC01565.jpg

best of luck

dunnets bay CC was a great site

atb

pete

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
How I envy you your trip have not got that far up so far this year, still there is still time.

Enjoy your trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Thanks everyone for the tips and suggestions, if I've an internet connection once up there I'll post updates. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Left home at 10am arriving at our first stopover Cromwell Park (CC CL) near Almondbank, Perth at 1400hrs. Very quiet little grass site set in a small orchard, we are the only unit here, so just chilling out amongst beautiful scenery. :thumb:

Dingwall tomorrow ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Brahan Estate Dingwall, wonderful tranquill spot a firm favourite of ours, third visit only 2 distant tuggers for company and all of the woodland and river walks to ourselves.

Lovely of funster member Dingray to turn up after reading these posts, a pleasure to meet and have a blether. Hope to see you again at the Lincoln meet. :thumb:

Tonight and tomorrow we are at Ardmair Point nr Ullapool, weather had been great till about 30 minutes ago then a large black cloud appeared and is still dumping copious amounts of water on us all:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Wifi signal has been iffy up here so unable to post.

Ardmair Point Caravan site, nice site though very busy and MH spacings left a bit to be desired.

Next stop a relatively new independent site "Port a Bhaigh Campsite" at Altandhu owned and operated by the nearby Furhan Bar, I'm guessing the site has been created to cater for demand after the closure of Achnahaird a couple of years ago.Brand new top of the range shower and toilet block, with laundry facilities and free wifi that would give many CC facilities a run for their money. Cracking location on shore looking out across Loch an Alltain Duibh and the islands we stayed 2 nights and would give this site a 9/10. 40+ pitches many hard standing tiered into hillside so all gave great vista's.

Then onto Clachtolle campsite, this was very busy and at £14.00 per night without EHU very expensive. Lovely spot but unit spacings very close, they just kept packing more in, also kids whizzing either side of MH on bikes and ballgames did not endear this location to us!

From there we travelled to Scourie, a super site looking out across the bay and seawards, weather not the best, gales and driving rain which was a shame so we only spent the one night travelling onto Durness yesterday.

I'd post some pictures but internet connection is very weak and sloooooow!

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Don't forget the boat guys its pppppersisiting down and has been for the last 4 days, flood warnings on the local news for Caithness and Sutherland.

Have a nice day................... or 14

Norman

PS good news there are no midges.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back