LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
Vindolanda is superb if you are interested in our Roman heritage.

I agree totally, it is one of the forts I have managed to visit a couple of years ago. Visiting it, plus walking about 7 miles of the wall, has made me want to walk some more of it. I find the whole feature (the physical, history and landscape) absolutely fascinating.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Nonononono! Go away, it's all terrible, the weather is appalling, the natives are rude and unfriendly, the beaches are covered in coal dust and they eat strange food. And don't speak English!

Try Cornwall instead!

:tounge::tounge::tounge::tounge::tounge::tounge:

Last edited:

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
Nonononono! Go away, it's all terrible, the weather is appalling, the natives are rude and unfriendly, the beaches are covered in coal dust and they eat strange food.

Why aye man!

I know very well how rude the natives are in the 'frozen north', but I have very broad shoulders!! The trouble is Cornwall is full of emmets at the moment, many of them escaping from up north, so I need to escape myself for a couple of weeks to get my sanity back and I thought I would occupy your part of the world whilst much of the local populace are down south! :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2014
Winnersh
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Since 2014
Sorry for the delay in replying been busy unpacking and cleaning the van. Ready for next weekend ?
Yes, that’s the bus we used it to do most of the Hadrian’s wall path apart from the very beginning and end.
It was a good bus to use with the Motorhome and at the time ran quite frequently. Well worth the time spending some time on the path. We didn’t meet a lot of people on the path. A whole bus load got of with us when we started the path. We thought we would see them for the whole duration of the path but they all vanished. We barely saw any one. Just a couple walking it from east to west

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
After a number of visits and a few fabulous walks we are now becoming experts on the local cafes... Our favourite (barring the view) I think has to be Grannies Tea Rooms in Alnwick (if you've been there you'll know why the view isn't great)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Come on TerryL you have to share sometimes can’t keep it all to yourselves ::bigsmile:

Weeellll... Okay then, but just for Funsters. Don't want any old riff-raff up here - although come to think of it...............................! ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back