Northern motorhome show (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
lets hope it doesnt rain at pickering.......

a report in todays scarborough evening news says this weekends Pickering folk festival has had to be cancelled due to the showground being flooded.

>>>Link Removed<<<

several boreholes have been sunk and it was found the water table is only 3" below the surface and more rain is due in the next few days.

as the showground is on the edge of the vale of pickering this could be a common occurance.

the vale is very flat for miles around and is prone to flooding after heavy prolonged rain

hope it doesnt rain much in september.

john.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, decided not to go due to this and the fact that a lot of traders are not going. Doesn't seem worth while. :cry:

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Hi John,

We escaped the floods yesterday but it was close.:Eeek::Eeek:

I still maintain that the Northern Motorhome Show should have gone to the Harrogate Showground and not Pickering.:thumb:

I know that a few small traders are not attending.:Blush:

Coming the week after the Shepton Show does not help either as many small traders do well at Shepton.:thumb:

We shall see what we see.:Smile:

See you at Malvern.:thumb:

Don

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
having doubts myself Ken.

maybe a day visit as its so close to us.

Had a day out at Scarborough yesterday. Tried out the park n ride certainly saves a lot of hassle. Place seemed a lot cleaner than the last time we were there. The local council spending some money at last John? :Eeek:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi, decided not to go due to this and the fact that a lot of traders are not going. Doesn't seem worth while. :cry:

Hi Ken, I got a letter from them the other day and they told me that they have more traders booked now that at this time last year. (Which probably means they are struggling for bookings:Smile:) That said, I think you will find most traders will grumble and say they are not going, but I am sure that in some cases they are going and are just trying to put the competition off. Its one of the biggest shows of the year I am sure it will be busy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Had a day out at Scarborough yesterday. Tried out the park n ride certainly saves a lot of hassle. Place seemed a lot cleaner than the last time we were there. The local council spending some money at last John? :Eeek:

as you now know you are in town when you get to the park and ride. :Doh:

yes, the council are spending loads and loads of dosh.........on bloody traffic lights.

its only cleaner cos no-one comes here anymore

dont get me started again....iv only just calmed down from the last whinge. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi John,

We escaped the floods yesterday but it was close.:Eeek::Eeek:

I still maintain that the Northern Motorhome Show should have gone to the Harrogate Showground and not Pickering.:thumb:

I know that a few small traders are not attending.:Blush:

Coming the week after the Shepton Show does not help either as many small traders do well at Shepton.:thumb:

We shall see what we see.:Smile:

See you at Malvern.:thumb:

Don

yep....harrogate would have been a much better venue and for us it would be worth getting the MH out and driving that far. we're only 20miles from pickering.:Doh:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi John, maybe I'm looking through rose tinted glasses as my brother lives in Blackpool. Now talking of filth take a walk around the there to really find out what a ****house looks like. Also we shop in Redcar (used to live there) it's absolutely filthy. Yet 3 or 4 miles along the coast Saltburn is beautifull. Wot's happened to peoples pride? :cry:

Off topic sorry.

Back on, Hi Jim we don't get away as often as we'd like so I'm afraid we ain't taking no chances. Shame really as we thoroughly enjoyed the York "do":cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dingray

Free Member
Dec 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
CB
Exp
Since 2000
Northern M/H Show

I have been wondering about going, I am waiting to see how the C&CC get on with their N-F of L at the end of this month. I don't fancy a 1000 mile round trip just to get stuck up to the axles in mud. Definately not my idea of fun!! I will just divert to another area thats less soggy. Any one else moving around that W/E?
Ray.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back