Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Fantastic. Loved following your trip.

Wont post any pics of our last week in Devon as i don't want to embarrass myself after looking at yours:cry:
Made me laugh out loud-in order to post those few you have no idea how many I threw away!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I have ended up North of Trondheim. I intended to get South of the City but timecaught up with me and I'm at a free aire just off the E6 where I stopped to empty black and grey and then decided I couldn't be a**ed to drive any further today. The plan from here is a big drive tomorrow to a free aire South of Oslo so definitely an early start!

Just a few photos from today - found an amazing coffee spot, wish I had had the time to overnight there...

IMG_6680.jpeg

IMG_6678.jpeg

I know I keep saying it, but when the sun shines here the autumn colours are amazing.

I also stopped and had a hot dog wrapped in bacon when I furled up - so by contrast - here is a black and white at the side of there petrol station which was set by a lake....

IMG_6676.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Returning to M/H after long break
Really enjoyed reading your posts about this trip, thanks! The views are stunning.

Best Northern lights display I witnessed was quite some years ago on the airfield at Pocklington after emerging from the clubhouse bar! Don't know if it was visible from Stamford Bridge too.

Sep 22, 2020
Baltics
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Feel like an old timer
Wonderful to read your trip, I am new to Motor Homes as moved over from being a yachtie when I moved up to the Baltics. Sold my yacht as the thought of it being frozen in the sea over winter was too much to bear! My MH is just a yacht on 4 wheels for me, lots of batteries, and toys for me to play with. Your trip is on my list of things to do and an easy start for me as i am just a ferry trip from Finland South. I am interested in how the covid situation and motor homes work with isolation and all that stuff?

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Not a lot to tell today as I headed off to a spot just North of Oslo (actually on to the ring road and then off it again and up a very steep hill). Not the most salubrious of places as these two snaps show - picked it from Camper Contact - I feel safe enough though.

As you can see from the tracker, I have come quite a long way today. SWMBO says the dog is missing me and I am missing her too (the dog that is 😀)

Screenshot 2020-09-27 at 18.08.42.png

IMG_6683.jpeg

IMG_6684.jpeg

Basically a large lump of tarmac - see ms to be a parking spot for walkers and there are a few about disappearing onto tracks in the woods.

However, I did see an Elk today - much larger than I imagined. :LOL: ....

9D975DF9-84E9-4A1A-A414-C67F39CE1434.jpeg

Not m y photo I should add (courtesy Atlas Obscura) - pinched it off the internet as by the time I spotted it I had already shot by at 80Km/hr with nowhere to turn around.

Pretty bloody impressive and can be seen at the side of route 3

Now to decide what route tomorrow...

Jan 1, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G691 LCE
Exp
Since 1974
Shame you are on your way home, pretty good display last night.
Pictures from my Grandsons house in Trondheim last night.

Attachments

• Lights .png
    Lights .png
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • Lights2.png
    Lights2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
  • Lights3.png
    Lights3.png
    1 MB · Views: 68
Aug 12, 2020
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Citroen romahome
Exp
Since 2016
View attachment 423620

Good luck with the trip, somewhere we want to visit, was planning to go to Sweden this year with our good friends, but with one thing and another it never happened, well done for making the decision, 😉 just don't get drawn into dusseldorf show you wouldn't have any money to continue. 😀 Safe journey. 🙂 Bob.
Brilliant and so true, well said trying is winning, failure is saying " if only I had tried"

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
That was /is a great trip , thread , that was a lot lot of driving well done !

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Did you come back rte 7 thru Elbe tunnel ? Is rte 7 road improvement thru Hamburg finally finished ? After all these yrs ?

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Yes, ATEL, and BAF out of EGMC in aviation speak,!

Did you work for either?

I flew the BUAF Bristol Freighters out of Southampton and Lydd back in 1967/8 as a sprog 1st Officer

I left aviation for years and came back with BAF as a Viscount Capt out of Southend in 1998.

If we exchange further maybe it should be on PM to avoid thread drift.

Geoff

Aug 12, 2020
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Citroen romahome
Exp
Since 2016
Did you work for either?

I flew the BUAF Bristol Freighters out of Southampton and Lydd back in 1967/8 as a sprog 1st Officer

I left aviation for years and came back with BAF as a Viscount Capt out of Southend in 1998.

If we exchange further maybe it should be on PM to avoid thread drift.

Geoff
That would be good, many a yarn to be had methinks re EGMC and the end of aviation's golden days

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Just North of Hamburg at the moment. Dusseldorf tomorrow and then a long drive home through the tunnel to avoid quarantine.

Why down to Duesseldorf, unless you are going via Maastricht -Brussels to avoid Antwerp?

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Did you come back rte 7 thru Elbe tunnel ? Is rte 7 road improvement thru Hamburg finally finished ? After all these yrs ?
No problem going South - roadworks but steady flow. Queuing for miles coming North - avoid!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back