Northern Ireland Protocol - Motorhome Transit / Food / Pets (1 Viewer)

Aug 11, 2019
North Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 700
Exp
A newbie
Theyve bent the rules before to suit themselves.

Greece entering the EU being one example 🤔😊
I think you are referring to the Goldman Sachs inspired "currency swap" that concealed 2.8 billion Euro of debt and allowed Greece to pass the test of directionality. Not aware that that the EU was culpable in that one. But happy to hear to the contrary.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I’ve rung Ashworth vet in Belfast as they are happy to issue an eu pp for £100 or £115 with rabies booster. But they require a AHC which our vet in Llanelli charges £150 for.

That plus ferry costs from Liverpool to Belfast at £400 makes this a costly exercise.
Just go over the border into the Republic to get a passport.

Mar 27, 2014
Wickford, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1993
Just to report that we crossed from Cairnryan to Larne yesterday with no problems whatsoever, no questions re the dog or foodstuffs, straight off the boat as usual. Across the Border and now with the family in Donegal. I’ll report later when I try to get an EU passport for the dog.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Just to report that we crossed from Cairnryan to Larne yesterday with no problems whatsoever, no questions re the dog or foodstuffs, straight off the boat as usual. Across the Border and now with the family in Donegal. I’ll report later when I try to get an EU passport for the dog.
Did you have an AHC? This is what Im thinking as I have family in Donegal too. Wondering whether to risk the Cairnryan / Belfast route then simply drive to my parents and get a passport there.

Mar 27, 2014
Wickford, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1993
PaulC70 No I didn’t get an AHC. If you read through this thread from #47 onwards you’ll see that the Northern Irish government have suspended all checks until 1st October and I had this confirmed from Port of Larne. The Cairnryan ferry to Larne was exactly as it always is, as was the border into the Republic, nothing there, still totally unchecked.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We’re thinking of NI and ROI as a plan B, we’re book on Hull to Rotterdam in two weeks time but not sure if we’ll go. If we go to Ireland we’d take the dog with us but not 100% sure if we’d be ok, he is fully vaccinated for U.K. but doesn’t have separate rabies jab. Are we still ok to take him?

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
We’re thinking of NI and ROI as a plan B, we’re book on Hull to Rotterdam in two weeks time but not sure if we’ll go. If we go to Ireland we’d take the dog with us but not 100% sure if we’d be ok, he is fully vaccinated for U.K. but doesn’t have separate rabies jab. Are we still ok to take him?

You'll be fine for sure. The new system doesn't officially kick-in until the 1st Oct so you have time on your side.

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
Can anyone that has been following this thread please read the new info that DOWSIE has just has posted on the link in post 100. I have asked him a Question or 2 about apparent contradictions that I spotted between his post and the Photoshot papers from the Irish Govt. MAZ help, I am running short of time here, I can ring Carn Vets again but I thought that I had covered all eventualities until this pops up. Bruce

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Can anyone that has been following this thread please read the new info that DOWSIE has just has posted on the link in post 100. I have asked him a Question or 2 about apparent contradictions that I spotted between his post and the Photoshot papers from the Irish Govt. MAZ help, I am running short of time here, I can ring Carn Vets again but I thought that I had covered all eventualities until this pops up. Bruce
Hi Bruce. I haven’t been following this NI Protocol thread but Downsie seems to have now explained everything clearly in the ‘Ireland Pet Passport Success’ thread.

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
Hi Bruce. I haven’t been following this NI Protocol thread but Downsie seems to have now explained everything clearly in the ‘Ireland Pet Passport Success’ thread.
Hi maz, I have had a reply from Jenny (Downsie).You can see that on Post 16 on Ireland PP Success thread and my reply Just a couple of points that I feel need to be cleared up. Dot and cross the bits thing!! Bruce

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I'm not sure what'll happen from the 1st Oct in terms of the protocol and all of its associated politics.

Ryanair has already announced today that its entire flight operation schedule will be pulled from NI by the 30-Oct but with significant foreign routes being cancelled as soon as the 12-Sep.

Interesting times.

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
I'm not sure what'll happen from the 1st Oct in terms of the protocol and all of its associated politics.

Ryanair has already announced today that its entire flight operation schedule will be pulled from NI by the 30-Oct but with significant foreign routes being cancelled as soon as the 12-Sep.

Interesting times.
There is no end in sight, I get weekly updates E mailed to me each week from Gov.uk and a few weeks ago there was an update on the Northern Ireland Protocol, it said in about 2000 words, cutting to the important bit that the Whole thing is completely unworkable. They don't have the vets to inspect the meat products or animals going through the Irish sea border nor the border officers to police it hence the situation where there are no checks at all, as it was before.They now have to go back to the EU and some how convince them we need something else, as if anyone who had a brain in there head didn't already know that is never was going to work. I hear sounds of" you wrote it, you signed it, it's an International Agreement what do you want us to do" It's going to be a while me thinks. Bruce

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back