North Yorkshire Pub with Parking (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Looking for a pub which allows a dog and with overnight parking in North Yorkshire for Sat night. Anyone got any recommendations.?
May also consider Lancs and West /South Yorkshire. Just fancy a quick overnight stop not too far away.
Cheers in advance.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Where about in North Yorkshire? Any particular area ?

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Have a look on the pub stop guide, someone did a link to it last week on here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
The Wellington at Darley does great food and will let you stay overnight if you are eating there. Great countryside as well

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
We like the station pub/inn at ribblehead viaduct . Eat there and there's no charge to camp round the back . Decent food and great ale .
Or hawes cattleground if your ccc members £9 . Plenty pubs there . The one just over the bridge on the right painted white , think it's the white hart . Is the best for food and they take dogs .
There's the tann hill inn . Good ale , take dogs , we don't eat there though . Too many bad meals . Latest people in there ( last week ) didn't give us confidence food wise ! £10 in "charity" bottle .

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We like the station pub/inn at ribblehead viaduct . Eat there and there's no charge to camp round the back . Decent food and great ale .
Or hawes cattleground if your ccc members £9 . Plenty pubs there . The one just over the bridge on the right painted white , think it's the white hart . Is the best for food and they take dogs .
There's the tann hill inn . Good ale , take dogs , we don't eat there though . Too many bad meals . Latest people in there ( last week ) didn't give us confidence food wise ! £10 in "charity" bottle .

Yes tan hill inn has never been good for food, it used to be £2 in the charity bottle, has new owners now though. Hawes is lovely and good for dogs you are right, we must like the same places, maybe because I was born in Wakefield.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
@CazPaul We've been several times over the past 2 years to tann hill . The last couple of visits before this one looked quite promising, there was a really nice family running it .
They'd given the loos and bar area a deep clean too .
This new lot here now , I'm sure must just be only looking after it .
( hopefully)
They are living in 2 caravans at the back . Look like regulars on Jeremy Kyle ! :Eeek:
We saw two diners leave their Cumberland filled giant Yorkshire puds . Not exactly hard to do ?
We had one pint and retired to Pug !
That place could be a gold mine .
Literally a captive audience.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
As well as the Station at Ribblehead there is the Helwith bridge Inn at Surprisingly Helwith bridge. About Six miles down the valley from Ribblehead.

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
As well as the Station at Ribblehead there is the Helwith bridge Inn at Surprisingly Helwith bridge. About Six miles down the valley from Ribblehead.
Mate of mine just recommended this place also think we may check it out

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
@CazPaul We've been several times over the past 2 years to tann hill . The last couple of visits before this one looked quite promising, there was a really nice family running it .
They'd given the loos and bar area a deep clean too .
This new lot here now , I'm sure must just be only looking after it .
( hopefully)
They are living in 2 caravans at the back . Look like regulars on Jeremy Kyle ! :Eeek:
We saw two diners leave their Cumberland filled giant Yorkshire puds . Not exactly hard to do ?
We had one pint and retired to Pug !
That place could be a gold mine .
Literally a captive audience.

Yes we have been regularly over the years and seen different owners, I think that the owners have put a landlord in to run it for them, the new landlords had no experience whatsoever of running a pub and it shows.

You are right, highest pub at 1732 feet above sea level, that's a fact I always remember, it could be a real goldmine, last time it sold though was over a million so it must make a few quid.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back