landscaper
Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
We had three weeks in NW Scotland in May - great holiday but oh the roads are terrible full of potholes. Just had a week in Wales - Crickhowell, NW coast, Snowdonia, down to Builth Wells and home. Stunning weather and scenery and just have to say - what great roads - mostly in a good state of repair and no pot holes. A few inconveniences with traffic lights because of ongoing road repairs but apart from that great!
Wow just caught up with the thread I started - despite all of the above we loved our time in Wales, found locals very friendly and we will be going back!!! How do they manage to keep their roads in such good order when ours are terrible? Nice to have a holiday without falling in pot holes every five minutes.

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
At the end of the day we all live on this small island called the United Kingdom. . And there are good and bad in all countries.....but I think our island is the best.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Roads in North Wales...

Road-in-Country-with-Slow-Sign.jpg

Hang on......

The Drivers are English @johnp10 is one of them....

Quick boyos get the paint...

Wales.cardiff.slow.jpg

Oh No... its @eddievanbitz left have some fun.....

slow-road-markings-18525686.jpg

And for Welsh readers.
article-1296448-0A8493F6000005DC-547_634x286.jpg

And for Waitrose customers

_52669625_tesco-sign-athena.jpg

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
IIthought this thread was dead.
Nicely irrelevant, Dave.
Shite for its own sake.
Oh...the thread is dead.(y)
Realistically, given that English is commonly used and always appears, what's the point of repeating phrases in a language few people, including the Welsh, speak as a first language, and as I understand it no one speaks as a sole language?
Not money well spent surely?

That was a serious question by the way.
If the only answer us more irrelevant anti English shite, don't bother replying.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Does make me laugh this Welsh language malarky!

OK So a bunch of Beardies and the Braless partners in their knitted jumpers want to keep a dead language alive to talk to each other and feel smug. But, why oh why do the Wlesh have to invent new weslh words for "modern things" Why can't the word "internet" be internet?

The Wlesj are happy enough to use English stuff when it suits them, our money for example, so why when using a dead language that cannot be used any where else in the world make it even harder for themselves by making up wlehs words when there is a perfectly good existing world, often used throughout the rest of the World!

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
So much hatred towards the Welsh, or is it still ignorance and jealousy ?(n)

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
So much hatred towards the Welsh, or is it still ignorance and jealousy ?(n)

Ignorance... regarding what ?
Jealousy......of what?
You do have a slanted view of us, Louis.
When shite comes our way it's banter, apparently.
The other way is hatred?

Not hatred.
Reality and a little curiosity (I asked a simple, genuine question which has been ignored, probably because there is no sensible answer.)

If you read enough, especially on here, you will see the hatred goes the other way, towards the English.
Why?
I dunno.
We are nice people.

Last edited:

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
Ignorance... regarding what ?
Jealousy......of what?
You do have a slanted view of us, Louis.
When shite comes our way it's banter, apparently.
The other way is hatred?

Not hatred.
Reality and a little curiosity (I asked a simple, genuine question which has been ignored, probably because there is no sensible answer.)

If you read enough, especially on here, you will see the hatred goes the other way, towards the English.
Why?
I dunno.
We are nice people.
With respect, your the one who has been knocking the Welsh since this thread began!

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
With respect, your the one who has been knocking the Welsh since this thread began!

No I haven't.
I simply recounted personal experiences, some of which have been denied outright.

I made it clear I was not knocking Wales, the Welsh or the Welsh language.
Just the misuse of it by some (Not all) ill mannered pillocks.
We all have ill mannered pillocks.

I am not anti Wales, Welsh people or the Welsh language.
Nor am I intimidated by or jealous of anything Welsh, Irish, Lithuanian, Chinese or anything else.

You have overreacted big style to every post I've made, misinterpreted them and tried to turn them into anti something or other.

You need to lighten up Mate, you are developing a complex.

There has been no response to the question I asked in #66.

That really is my last word on this post, I have better things to do.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I have lived in North Wales for 48 years, moved here from the Wirral when i got married, I remember a little incident when i had only been here about 20 years, we were standing in the bar of a local club with the lads flapping our gums as you do after a couple of pints and I pointed out of one of the windows in the direction of a school across the park that was between the school and the club, a local in the club said "no, the school is in that direction, I was adamant I was right as my house also backed onto the same park, I said sorry but the school is over there, he said how do you know, you never went to school here (been living here 20 years remember and both my lads attended this school) so I went over to the window and opened the curtains to reveal the school clearly in view across the park. His response was "F***ing English think they know everything"

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
No I haven't.
I simply recounted personal experiences, some of which have been denied outright.

I made it clear I was not knocking Wales, the Welsh or the Welsh language.
Just the misuse of it by some (Not all) ill mannered pillocks.
We all have ill mannered pillocks.

I am not anti Wales, Welsh people or the Welsh language.
Nor am I intimidated by or jealous of anything Welsh, Irish, Lithuanian, Chinese or anything else.

You have overreacted big style to every post I've made, misinterpreted them and tried to turn them into anti something or other.

You need to lighten up Mate, you are developing a complex.

There has been no response to the question I asked in #66.

That really is my last word on this post, I have better things to do.
Well it’s about time you did ,you are getting quite personal . Complex not really , it seems that’s its you throwing insults at everything Welsh! When was your Welsh experience 1930’s?

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Does make me laugh this Welsh language malarky!

OK So a bunch of Beardies and the Braless partners in their knitted jumpers want to keep a dead language alive to talk to each other and feel smug. But, why oh why do the Wlesh have to invent new weslh words for "modern things" Why can't the word "internet" be internet?

The Wlesj are happy enough to use English stuff when it suits them, our money for example, so why when using a dead language that cannot be used any where else in the world make it even harder for themselves by making up wlehs words when there is a perfectly good existing world, often used throughout the rest of the World!
Oh dear Eddie, prepare for the wrath of Louis......:whistle:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Well on the basis that Shiftzz tagged me into this post for comedic effect, I responded in kind, didn't realise that anyone was serious about Wales!

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
Why? Most of the statement is not far from the truth, as for a dying language - quite the opposite really (y)

As for using English money, the dictators inLondon say we can’t have our own currency, they even gave us an useless piece of skin & called him prince of Wales ? we didn’t want him so you can have him back (y)

Last edited:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Well it’s about time you did ,you are getting quite personal . Complex not really , it seems that’s its you throwing insults at everything Welsh! When was your Welsh experience 1930’s?

ME personal??

Read yours again.
Most recent "negative" Welsh experience (of language switching and the "English" shite)?

I haven't insulted anything Welsh, quite the contrary.

Don't answer.
I'm done.

Go away.

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
Think it’s time for a cup of tea boys .
I love this country and our royal family and welsh n Scottish n Irish too .
It was about pot holes.....lol

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
Think it’s time for a cup of tea boys .
I love this country and our royal family and welsh n Scottish n Irish too .
It was about pot holes.....lol
We’ve got plenty of them , ok hint taken tea from now on (y)

OP
OP
landscaper
Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
Oh how I wish I hadn’t started this thread or I had the access to delete it! Stop it you guys!

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Oh how I wish I hadn’t started this thread or I had the access to delete it! Stop it you guys!

I wouldn't worry about it. Not the first time a thread has gone off subject and got a bit overheated. It's all part of the freedom of speech we're all supposed to support.
As long as they don't break Rule 1, and they've got a bit close at times, just leave them to it. I'm sure Jim is watching them!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back