North Wales - looking for recommendations please around Conwy, Llandudno, Rhos, Betsw y coed (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
we are planning to take the MiL away for a couple of days (which will feel like a couple of years no doubt!) in a few weeks - she is always harping on about wanting to visit Llandudno again - though she struggles to walk more than 200 yards without huffing and puffing, so a little walk up the Orme is not going to happen ....

seriously though, she is happy to stay in a hotel/B&B and we will sleep in the motorhome, can anyone recommend somewhere like a hotel or pub that has rooms AND motorhome parking or failing that, somewhere for us to stay with a decent hotel/B&B not too far away?

i know we can park in the centre of Llandudno for day parking, which will be ideal, and then we wold like to move on after a couple of hours to pastures new, betsw y coed or somewhere ......!!! open to any suggestions that are legal or i where i wouldnt have to spend too long behind bars ..

much appreciated, best wishes

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I stayed overnight on the car park at the Premier INN at Rhudllan, (morfa) told em I was there when having dinner they was fine. You or the MIL could stay in the rooms.

There is the Plas Tirion Guest house in LLandullas,with bron y wendon camp site 5 minute walk from the guest house (try the valentine inn 5 min walk is lovely) and both are 5 mins drive from Rhos.

You can even stay on llandullas beach car park but only at the toilet side (2 or 3 spaces) but not on the main car park as they got a bit touchy and put sgns up.

Want to swank it up a little, Ive stayed at the Quay hotel in deganwy and left the MH on the car park numerous times :) Maybe a posh meal with MIL and you slope off to your mobile bed. Or even drive it around the river to Conwy beacons site, you are directly across the river there from the Quay hotel and can wave to mother, if you get her a sea view room ::bigsmile: not strictly allowed but plenty do, and the harbourmaster told me its fine as long as I scarper before 10am or pay when the parky arrives. (this is one of my top 3 wilding spots)

Gwesty Glyndwr in pensarn, is a B&B my friends stayed in. I didnt but parked on the factory shop car park over the road (round the back).
or you could even park on the pensarn train station car park, 200 yds round the corner both wilding

and Im not sure if darren is still doing stopovers at his motorohome sales/rental site (https://www.conwymotorhomehire.co.uk) but hes a decent bloke 01492 583 913
thats at llandudno junction, plenty B&bs near by.

And finally if i remember rightly Im sure MH parking is not o'night prohibited down the streets, Carmen Sylvia Road" or "Queens Road" just off the prom in dudno.
but you would have to check

Good luck

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi I think you pretty well have Llandudno covered,
Betws-y-coed is lovley and well worth a visit, River side Touring Park have a site right in the middle of Betws-y-coed, or alternatively you could find a pub not far away and then Park on the huge car park by the station plenty of room for motorhomes and on the flat.
Enjoy North Wales it is beautiful but then I'm biased.

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Another vote for Riverside. Easy walk into town and plenty of places to eat and drink.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back