North Norfolk (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2020
Woking, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
Since 2020
Hi all. Trust you are well. Just need some pointers for a North Norfolk get away.

Briefly we would like, quiet coast line, quiet site with loos and showers, possible cycle route nearby. 2 adults in early 60s.

Sorry to be so lazy, but often other people have their secret getaway locations they are willing to share.

Alan (Forever the Optimist)
🤗

Jun 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Some one will be along soon with sites
You see

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
CAMC have two sites called Seacroft at East Runton, and Incleboro fields West Runton. Both near Cromer and Sherringham. We prefer the latter. At this time of year it’s a nice place to be and we were there in November. A great area.
Phil

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001

This place would be perfect for you when it re-opens, a few very nice foodie pubs nearby with good cycling, walking on the doorstep

Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019

This place would be perfect for you when it re-opens, a few very nice foodie pubs nearby with good cycling, walking on the doorstep
Couldn’t agree more great site!

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
We use two in North Norfolk. Deepdale is nice being on a bus route between Wells and Hunstanton. The site is at the back of the small village with a supermarket, garage and craft shops. There are two pubs within walking distance. Due to the restrictions last year they were only taking motorhomes that were self contained. Not a problem for us.
The other is Woodhill Park at East Runton. A lovely site within walking distance of Cromer. Also on the bus route between Cromer and Sheringham.
There site facilities were fully open last year. There is a small shop at reception but larger supermarkets are in Cromer or Sheringham.

May 1, 2021
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes-benz Rapido
We stayed at wood hill, nice site but does get busy especially as there is carboot on a Saturday morning that attracts lots of people. Also the Norfolk coast walk goes through the site.
Deers-glade daughter loves, she’s camped there with her dad and raves about it. Breck farm is also a firm favourite, not on the coast directly but really quiet when we’ve been there.
We love north Norfolk, but depending when you go sheringham and Cromer get very busy. Places like cley and mundsley are quieter, but not sure about sites in those areas.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I had my first proper visit to Norfolk last year stayed at Deepdale, lovely site especially as they only could have 50% capacity loved walking the coast path but was very disappointed with Wells by the Sea really wanted to visit but when I got there it was like blooming Blackpool millions of people everywhere, so didn't really spend any time there and headed back further north.
I had a lovely time and will be visiting again if you find the cycle ways let me know I don't do road riding if I can help it.

Loved paddling in the estuary lovely squelchy mud between my toes.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Last time we stayed at Woodhill we walked up to the lighthouse in Cromer and then on to Overstrand. This kept us out of the busier sea front area.
Another day we caught the bus to Stifkey and walked to Bardney then bused back. This was a quiet walk only meeting a couple of people on the coast path.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back