Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
ASK ??

I could give them a call if you want ,when do you recon sooner than later be a good start to season or would people prefer later? let me know please. Alan

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Alnwick

hi scran,

have you stayed there before?

I have not been on there myself, but alnwick is a nice location.
I wonder how many ehu they have.
Some mixed reviews on ukcampsites, but thats not unusual as everyone had different ideas.
Gotta be worth putting on the shortlist, i would be up for it...:thumb::thumb:

yes we have been there several times not sure how many hook ups they have where about r u in gateshead?

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Ive emailed them and left a message for the chap who organizes the site to give me a call back ,ill ask what is available,also googled the site and it look like there loads of room. central location ,easy walking to local pubs ,shopping etc.

It really would help if I had an idea of dates as sites Ive asked so far have asked how many, and when? What dates do you recon?? early or later in the year,could be both if it goes well.

Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Ive emailed them and left a message for the chap who organizes the site to give me a call back ,ill ask what is available,also googled the site and it look like there loads of room. central location ,easy walking to local pubs ,shopping etc.

It really would help if I had an idea of dates as sites Ive asked so far have asked how many, and when? What dates do you recon?? early or later in the year,could be both if it goes well.

Alan

Well we would prefer late July or August but others may have their own dates in mind and we will just go with the flow. :Smile:

Ivy

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
NE Rally

Anyone up for a Beamish Museum Meet?

I hosted a Caravan Rally in a farmers field only a couple of miles from the Museum.

Think he charged ÂŁ5 per van per night.

The farm is on the main bus route from Stanley to Newcastle/ Metro Centre, Durham City within easy reach, some of the tuggers drove to the coast for the day, and Harry Ramsden is within easy reach for a good supper.

Ours was a 5-day rally, I'm sure he'll consider a weekend.

The Museum has also started allowing 'Vans to rally in the car park again.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I've always really fancied Beamish, I know Dudley is a lot nearer (the Black Country museum) and it is fab, but I was born just up the road in West Brom so regard Dudley as local and don't feel like I have "been" anywhere when I go there!

:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Alnwick rugby club

Hi all

ALNWICK RUGBY CLUB has e mailed me see below,it seems to be the favorite at the moment. However there seems too be no reply's or suggestions of dates. "ÂŁ12.00 per night with electric .

Does anybody fancy middle to end of this month .or June,July or shall we leave it till later in the year?? if you want it to happen we need to firm up on dates. I,m new to this but cant do anything when until we decide when and roughly how many.

Alan

Y
es we have regular rallies from most caravan clubs with up to 60 vans on our 2nd team pitch.

We have 10 electric hook-ups situated to one side of the pitch although most club do not use them leaving them free for individual bookings.

Water and a disposal points are also available on site with basic shower and toilets in the club house.

If you wish to discuss it further call me on my home telephone

Bill

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Hi all

ALNWICK RUGBY CLUB has e mailed me see below,it seems to be the favorite at the moment. However there seems too be no reply's or suggestions of dates. "ÂŁ12.00 per night with electric .

Does anybody fancy middle to end of this month .or June,July or shall we leave it till later in the year?? if you want it to happen we need to firm up on dates. I,m new to this but cant do anything when until we decide when and roughly how many.

Alan

Y
es we have regular rallies from most caravan clubs with up to 60 vans on our 2nd team pitch.

We have 10 electric hook-ups situated to one side of the pitch although most club do not use them leaving them free for individual bookings.

Water and a disposal points are also available on site with basic shower and toilets in the club house.

If you wish to discuss it further call me on my home telephone

Bill

Alnwick sounds a good choice to me..:thumb:

We will already be away in the van with the kids, the 2nd part of this month as school Easter hols. So any weekend in May is good for us......:thumb:

Callum

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We are due to be in Alnwick early August as the English Civil War Society has an event on at the castle the weekend of the 6th/7th. We will be camped with the re-enactors but it could be an added attraction for some of you if you are looking for later than June/July.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Sounds interesting Graham. Any links for it ? :Smile:

Not yet Dick. Flamin' ECWS is pretty hopeless at advance notice and there is nothing on the Alnwick Castle web site as yet. I've heard from a couple of sources that it is definitely on though and I'll pass on details when we get them.

I do know there will be a living history encampment, which Jill will be involved in, and I'm pretty sure there will a skirmish/battle each day.

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
July good for us , may and june are pretty booked up and we are away for easter .

hopefully will get there

Leanne :Smile::Smile:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Beginning or end June ok for us dependant upon hols dates, last 2 weeks in July also good.

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
1st & 2nd of July Anlwick Ruby club

Ok had 4 emails and about 6 on boards asking for end June beginning of July .

So please list whose a definite for the 1st and 2nd of July at Anlwick rugby club.

Also who wants a electric hook up.

Theirs only ten available,and note basic showers and toiltes in club house .Theirs also an elsen point and water available

Ive started new booking listing please pop names on there.:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Alan

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Alan - I presume the restriction is to 10 hook ups and not the number of vans ? :Smile:
We would be interested in the early July dates, no hook up required ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Alan - I presume the restriction is to 10 hook ups and not the number of vans ? :Smile:
We would be interested in the early July dates, no hook up required ::bigsmile:
Hi
its the amount of hook up available ,Ive had to take a chance and book all 10 as theirs another meet on at same location by the c&c club but there on another pitch. To make sure we would all get the same spot together,I booked all 10 ? I'm hoping we will use them all :Doh::Doh:if not its an extra ÂŁ2.00 per pitch for unused. theirs enough room for plenty more without ,we can fill up the ten first and over-spill without maybe !!. ill sort it on day as itll not break the bank either way.:thumb::thumb:Alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back