North Coast 500 (with whisky detour!) (1 Viewer)

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
yes good post did same for 5 weeks back in may, looking forward to next year,not quite the same standard of food as RBS though

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
All that yummy food and drinking every night played havoc with my weight though.
I put 13lb on ! ( in 3 weeks!)
I've managed to lose 7lb so far in 11 days , just by eating normally and cutting right back on the booze. So it shows how much I was eating ! Plus how easy it is to go on.
Ralph , I may add , didn't put anything on ...........

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
This is what makes him a great candidate for the next James Bond, we've already seen his strut out the sea onto the beach walk, he just needs some better looking pants now :LOL::LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Thanks for giving me a (y) for the comment I made almost 8 years ago!
It took me back to this thread which I hadn't been following because at the time I was on the steep learning curve about all things motorhoming before jumping in with both feet and spending our life savings on our first van! Thanks to the wonderful community on MHF my 2 year apprenticeship served us well and we got the 'right' van for us at the first attempt!
It's been a wonderful thread, for the most part you were blessed with fine weather. Although I've now lived in Wales for 20 years, I get home to Scotland every year and always make a point visiting the West Highlands, our valuable time off work had to allow for visiting family, very much limiting our time to tour properly. Now we are both finally retired, an extended trip 'home' is possible, and we can't wait, your thread has been an inspiration. (y)

Over the years we've done many 'bite size' chunks of the NC500 in the car and van but never as a whole and probably won't as it's now just too busy. Because of our limited time, looking back, we tried to cover far too much ground, driving past some stunning places and not taking time to explore off the beaten track.:doh:
We've been over the Ballach Na Ba in the car before it became 'fashionable', I couldn't imagine taking the van over it. not being able to relax enough to enjoy it. Scotland really is stunning, even more so if you're fortunate with the weather, truly is God's Country (apologies to all Yorkshire folks;))
You did well to lose that weight you gained so quickly. I put on over a stone during the Covid lockdown and I've still not lost it! It's now almost 8 years since that trip. Any thoughts on a special trip for Ralph's big Six Oh birthday? ;)

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
always meant to do this route but sadly it never happened, however.....
it was lovely through the night reading and sharing your trip through the thread bev, so thank you..
lovely pics, of scenery, you two, buster and the food..
i'm sure you two have hollow legs, am sure i've gained weight just looking and dribbling..

looking forward to many more threads like this when you two finally retire..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back