Free Member
Jul 1, 2016
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The midnight sun at the North Cape was amazing.

We'd heard mixed reviews on the both the road to the North Cape and Centre. The roads were fine and the views were stunning. The centre has some good bits and some not so good bits but the views out to the ocean were superb and the midnight sun...well just loved it.

If anyone is thinking of going, it is an excellent journey.

Attachments

• 2016-07-19 at 22-53-04-North Cape.jpg
    2016-07-19 at 22-53-04-North Cape.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 40
Feb 23, 2013
St Austell
Funster No
MH
Vantage max
Exp
since 2014
Hi
I have this trip on my bucket list,if you have any idea about the cost you had and the route you took you took that would be of help are motorhome is 7.5mts long,can you or did you wild camp on the way up and back.
Adrian

OP
OP
Our Bumble

Our Bumble

Free Member
Jul 1, 2016
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Adrian, you can wild camp all over Norway and we have put all our wild camping spots here
Need to update with the last week tho
Our route roughly...Oslo then west to Stavenger. Then north straight up the coast with the odd wiggle in and out the fjord. Finally we took boat to lofoten island (highly recommended) before making our way to North Cape.
Costs wise (excluding repair bill) we are still in Norway, so normally I dont complete until we leave but it is around £30 per day for everything including diesel, shopping and entrance fees. Eating out is very expensive. Tolls fees are still coming through but there arent that many.
Hope that is OK but shout if you need anything else...all I can say, We loved it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Nice to see you back on the road again, we hope to be doing more or less the same next year

I have read a few blogs and comments regarding North Cape that the view of it is spectacular, as much as the view from it, I think this might go back to when the tunnel was first opened and was quite expensive, I think it is now paid for and free

Thanks for the updates and blog (y)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Really pleased you enjoyed it - unfortunately our visit was spoiled as it coincided with the worst weather they'd had for a while (so we were told) and we couldn't see a thing.

Our advice to anyone contemplating this trip - it's a very long drive, we did almost 6000 miles and that was without wandering about (we had engine troubles) so plan on taking at least 6 weeks. Any less and you'll be rushing about.

As for cost, we didn't keep records but the bank account would evidence that it was expensive. As for £30 per day, I think you did extremely well - it cost us almost that in fuel, the one record we do have.

But we did actually enjoy it and will almost certainly go back and try again, but not to Nordkap.

Blog at terryandbren9.blogspot.com

Feb 23, 2013
St Austell
Funster No
MH
Vantage max
Exp
since 2014
Hi
Thanks for info early days but all info helps
Have a good rest of trip
Adrian