North and South French Aires books (1 Viewer)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
You make some valid points, but I won’t change my opinion about the books being a con. Reading the intro to the books, they state that they prioritise popular aires following transitory routes. You soon find their failings when you, like us, get off the beaten track. In 2015 we found many aires that did not live up to their descriptions, were closed or had been moved. This was when the book was new.
But, I’m glad you and many other people are happy with the books, we are to a certain extent, but probably won’t be buying any more.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I use all the aires of France book.

To jam in the smoke alarm .......

It's all its useful for in Spain

I have
camper contact....neveruse it
Camperstop.....never use it
Motorhome parking......never use it

Park4night....never fails
Search4sites.....never fails
I have all the Aires never fails no batteries .lol each to their own .

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I have all the Aires never fails no batteries .lol each to their own .
Do you have a co pilot? ....ie a wife or passenger?
Think that's my biggest prob with a book I can't read and drive ...but the van has 12v sockets to charge the phone and sat nav batteries.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Do you have a co pilot? ....ie a wife or passenger?
Think that's my biggest prob with a book I can't read and drive ...but the van has 12v sockets to charge the phone and sat nav batteries.
No unfortunately I lost my wife a few years back .but I don't need to read a book while driving .i pick out two pr three Aires in the location that I would like to visit add their coordinates into my satnav .that way if I am not happy with the first one I still have a choice without having to check the book . I am being a bit cruel because I do have Campercontact and I do use it occasionally...

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
No unfortunately I lost my wife a few years back .but I don't need to read a book while driving .i pick out two pr three Aires in the location that I would like to visit add their coordinates into my satnav .that way if I am not happy with the first one I still have a choice without having to check the book . I am being a bit cruel because I do have Campercontact and I do use it occasionally...
Ah sorry to hear that .....yes I suppose you can do it that way with the books.
I think because park4night seems to have every aire campsite and wilding spot on it i just find it easier

Although in Scotland I never used anything really I had a bank of places in my head is been to before.

But over here park4night has been invaluable for me as it's all new territory

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
N
Ah sorry to hear that .....yes I suppose you can do it that way with the books.
I think because park4night seems to have every aire campsite and wilding spot on it i just find it easier

Although in Scotland I never used anything really I had a bank of places in my head is been to before.

But over here park4night has been invaluable for me as it's all new territory
NEver used park4night here .have used it in the UK .and as you say its very good. Roy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
N
NEver used park4night here .have used it in the UK .and as you say its very good. Roy
It's good in Spain for sure ....some of the places I would avoid and I do but theres a few gems in there...and I did use it on my way down from Scotland to Portsmouth as wild spots aren't so easy in England I found
Especially not for this van

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
It's good in Spain for sure ....some of the places I would avoid and I do but theres a few gems in there...and I did use it on my way down from Scotland to Portsmouth as wild spots aren't so easy in England I found
Especially not for this van
Noticed you have a huge vehicle ...anyway I am off back to England next week for a couple of months then back to France.I based at thiviers near Périgueux. but will be touring Spain for the first time so will be looking at using park4night ...Roy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back