Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
We are also doing our first motorhome trip to France over 2 months - June/July so will be taking our time. Once we leave eurotunnel we want to head to the DDay Beaches for 2 or 3 days.
Can anyone recommend Aires or Campsitesi in the area. Would be great near the beach with views - not bothered about big commercial sites, we don't need pools etc.
Any other - must see - places you would recommend?
Thanks
Don

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Port Besson Arromarches are good aires:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
lots of campsites and aries on the cost roads ..there are aries at nealy all the beachs you will vist .could buy these books
Link Removed
and this Link Removed

i never book in advance :thumb:
read books chill out and look forward to a nice time :Cool:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
We are also doing our first motorhome trip to France over 2 months - June/July so will be taking our time. Once we leave eurotunnel we want to head to the DDay Beaches for 2 or 3 days.
Can anyone recommend Aires or Campsitesi in the area. Would be great near the beach with views - not bothered about big commercial sites, we don't need pools etc.
Any other - must see - places you would recommend?
Thanks
Don

Hello, I did my first trip to France in a Motorhome in August-September. I actually parked on the cliffs alongside the 360 degree cinema at Arromanche. Being late afternoon we parked for free. The car-park attendant arrives about 8:30am so you can go or pay to stay.
We also visited Pegasus Bridge near Caen. Got there in the evening and parked overnight for free in the grass-stone car-park opposite the Museum.
Watched the bridge rise for a boat to pass twice. Went in the Museum next morning.

Enjoy your trip.

Oh, Honfleur is a must. Easy walk into town. Costs 10 euros for 24 hours from arrival, even electric if not too busy.

Peter

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
If you fancy a night or two inland go to the municipal camping in Falaise. Lovely site right below the castle where William the Conqueror was born and good value at around 14 euros.Only a short walk into the war ravaged but still interesting old town.Recommended.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
There's a free Aire in the centre of Bayeux with a theoretical maximum stay of 24 hours.

Honfleur's worth a look - it has a huge Aire. It's also worth pulling into the parking area near the toll booths at the Pont de Normandie (if you're crossing it) and taking a walk up to the viewing platform.

Mont St Michel is in my humble opinion overrated - nice to look at from a distance but horribly commercial up close.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back