Norfolk, Sufolk & Essex Coastline Tourning (1 Viewer)

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Over the next few months we are going set out on one of the reasons we bought the Motorhome & being based in Hertfordshire these are ideal weekend getaways weather it be a planned or sudden jump in & go break.
I have eyed up a few locations on Google earth plus have a few ideas of where to head having visited some I dont claim to know it all.

The idea is to get away when ever I can & catalogue a few spots if not known or review some that are known.

We are looking to head out next weekend providing nothing else pops up & work does not throw the proverbial spanner in the works to Aldeburgh, its a spur of the moment weekend & a chance to check out a location close to Rendalsham for a future event

If you have any suggestions or know of any decent places then please list them.

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Southwold, the home of Adnams beer. Woodbridge, Mersea Island, so many, don't forget Cromer

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Ah!!!!!!!!!! Cromer land of the Crabstick Ive collected lorry loads of crabsticks from cromer (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
We are looking to head out next weekend providing nothing else pops up & work does not throw the proverbial spanner in the works to Aldeburgh, its a spur of the moment weekend & a chance to check out a location close to Rendalsham for a future event

Aldeburgh is now motorhome unfriendly.. motorhome parking is totally banned on the sea wall.. there is a camp site in town, but it may be closed and is also pricey..
Snape Maltings is worth a visit.. but keep your wallet under house arrest .. GPS 52.164456,1.496081

We live just a few miles from Rendalsham forest at Alderton.. several CLs in the area, .. There is an unofficial travelers site in the forest.. .nuff siad. they run rave parties that can be heard miles away.. why they are not evicted is beyond me.

Plenty of places to stop for the night in the forest car parks. .. You can overnight in the layby at Bawdsey Quay on the River Deben.. GPS 51.992653,1.394732 and the car park at Ramsholt , also on the Deben.. GPS 52.023478,1.36476

Woodbridge; nice market town and worth a day visit .. the Tide Mill, a living museum, is worth a visit. You can park behind the public swimming pool GPS 52.089692,1.315944

If passing our village, please give me a shout .. nice to meet up..

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
You can overnight in the layby at Bawdsey Quay on the River Deben.. GPS 51.992653,1.394732 and the car park at Ramsholt , also on the Deben.. GPS 52.023478,1.36476

Some of our favorite spots but never overnighted yet but will do soon.(y)

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Bawdsey Quay looks good & were going to Rendalsham & plan get to the UFO landing spot.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back