Norfolk Pub Stop (1 Viewer)

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
not sure if this has be already posted so apologies if it has. For one reason or another we have not got away as intended so goggled pubs Motorhome stopover and am sitting right beside the river at Horning.
Phoned up and they can't have been more helpful. Food looks good and have asked if two nights ok,which is fine. Just move off for two hours tomorrow .
It's The Ferry Inn,Ferry Road, Horning. NR12 8PS. 01692 630259
I would think gets busy in season and even I would not have the cheek to try staying longer.
Ray

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
The Ferry usually has offers such as 2 meals for the price of one on Groupon.

Gordon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Please be aware that the Ferry Boat Inn car park has flooded in the past, a while ago though, just sayin' !

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
I have stopped at the Lacon Arms Hemsby just bought a meal and a couple of beers.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Not sure about the Old Hall at Caister, I had read that they are no longer motorhome friendly, and as we were attending a funeral reception there for a relative, I emailed them and asked if we could overnight there. On the morning of the reception, they emailed back that they would "on this occasion" be willing for us to overnight. By which time we had already contacted the Acle Brdige Inn, Acle, who were very happy for us to stay the night. We met up with some motorhoming friends, had a great meal at the Acle, and spent a most comfortable night in the van.

By the way, the food at the reception the Old Hall seemed remarkably similar to food sold at the next door Lidl. Just saying.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
not sure if this has be already posted so apologies if it has. For one reason or another we have not got away as intended so goggled pubs Motorhome stopover and am sitting right beside the river at Horning.
Phoned up and they can't have been more helpful. Food looks good and have asked if two nights ok,which is fine. Just move off for two hours tomorrow .
It's The Ferry Inn,Ferry Road, Horning. NR12 8PS. 01692 630259
I would think gets busy in season and even I would not have the cheek to try staying longer.
Ray
What's the carpark like and the roads leading to It?
Have a 7-5 metre MH.
Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the place.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Another useful local is the Old Hall Hotel at Caister on Sea , hook up available which is handy.

Not anymore .. IT'S NOT MH FRIENDLY .. NEW OWNERS .. There is another pub round the corner near the beach. We asked about using the pool if we stayed nearby .. £15 each per day .. :mad:

OP
OP
Raybreck
Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
What's the carpark like and the roads leading to It?
Have a 7-5 metre MH.
Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the place.
Hi Nigel
Road is ok just go slow as a couple of potholes and narrows about half way down on a bend but plenty of room for traffic going to pub to pull in to their left at that point. Car park is large, I was asked to park at far end at first then to back up on shingle from where I had parked. I told the manager I didn't think putting 3.5t would be a good idea so he was ok with where I was. The food was excellent and portions large. Great spot, I'll take a pic of M/H and post later. We are 7.3m so no prob with your size. The pub is well signposted. From Wroxham turn into Horning go down Main Street for approx 1 mile, a sign is on your left. The place by river at Wroxham run by Cheryl is closed at the moment as there are repairs on the small bridge but will be open Easter or just after. The place already mentioned at Caister is no longer M/H friendly.
Ray

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks Ray, that's very helpful, look forward to seeing some pictures.
We will definately be giving it a try.
Shame about the Caister one, but we recently stayed at the 'Never Turn Back', which is right next to the beach at Caister. The chap is very helpful, and free to stay if you use the pub. Food was excellent and both the food and beers were very reasonably priced.
The Wroxham one is now a C&CC site now I understand, so will have to join I suppose.

OP
OP
Raybreck
Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
IMG_1638.JPG IMG_1639.JPG Hi Nigel
These are pics I hope get posted. The road down to pub has speed humps and a few potholes but if you go slow you will be fine.
Ray

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back