Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Sorry i have not followed up on the meet but got pending operation on toe.

Have a ball guys:thumb:

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Thanks John, hope all goes well

Dale

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Four days left until the Funsters Norfolk Meet so if you would like to come along for a chillaxing weekend, fishing, walking, swimming and lots of talking take a look at where we will be www.waveneyrivercentre.co.uk or tel 01502 677 343 to book.

Please remember there will be no fireworks or chinese lanterns on this meet as some Funsters will have their pets with them.

Attendees

Carpyone
Dalek
John Dean
Loujess
Rayb182
Smelly Feet
Sparky Speedy
Sundowners

Thanks

Dale

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
3 days left until the Funsters Norfolk Meet so if you would like to come along for a chillaxing weekend, fishing, walking, swimming and lots of talking take a look at where we will be www.waveneyrivercentre.co.uk or tel 01502 677 343 to book.

Please remember there will be no fireworks or chinese lanterns on this meet as some Funsters will have their pets with them.

Attendees

Carpyone
Dalek
John Dean
Loujess
Rayb182
Rollinghills
Smelly Feet
Sparky Speedy
Sundowners

Thanks

Dale <!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Two days left to the Norfolk Meet. Thank you to all Funsters who are going to support this.

Dale

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
So excited. It's 4 weeks since we came back from last trip and I've been in the MH tonight to see what we need. I love packing up to go away, even if it's only for a few nights.

Ivy

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
I'm on countdown too, brought m/h back from storage tonight and its only went back there 5 days ago from our trip last week but still got to re pack it. I cant remember if your going tomorrow or Fri. We will be there Fri after collecting Emily from school ( she isnt too good at the moment due to whiplash received in a boating accident last week ).

Dont forget to pack your swimming costumes, walking boots, fishing rods, binoculars, life jackets!!

See you Friday

Dale

www.waveneyrivercentre - Funsters Meet in Norfolk this weekend

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
One day left to go to the Norfolk Meet this weekend. We have one mystery guest, a Funster who hasnt admitted to booking :whatthe:, dont be shy.

Dont forget your swimming gear, binoculars for bird watching, walking boots, fishing rods, bikes, life jackets and not forgetting your sense of FUN.

Thank you once again to ALL FUNSTERS who are attending this Norfolk Meet your support is very much appreciated, and I hope we all have a really good weekend.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We arrived at the Waveney River Centre this afternoon ready for the MHF meet this weekend.

Weather, dry and windy, but the view from our window certainly makes up for the dreary day we had today.

It seems to be a nice place, we are overlooking the marina, can't wait to explore tomorrow.

Rayb182 arrived this evening, now we await meeting the rest of the gang.

Good 3 signal, which can't be bad, and we also have a good signal for the digital freeview TV that we haven't been able to get at our last camping spot.

Nigel and Pamala

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Oooh I'm green with envy. We have a long drive from Leeds tomorrow but who cares.

Ivy

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Loujess - you should of come today and stayed on our drive, next time. Glad you arrived ok Nigel, Pam, Ray and Gerry

See you all tomorrow, we will be there earlier than we thought maybe 2.30-3pm

Dale

Last edited:

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
Have a good time everyone this weekend. Sorry we couldn't join you :cry: Dale but fingers crossed we'll be able to make it to a meet in the near future.
Have a great 'FUN WEEKEND' & don't forget to have a glass or 2 or 3 or 4........... for me!!:wine:

Deborah

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Just arrived home from the meet. Thanks to Dale for organising the weekend and all the other funnsters, a great weekend.

Robert

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Want to say thanks to Dale for organising a brilliant meet and at such a lovely place, we will certainly be going to this place again, set overlooking the marina, meeting new and old friends,:thumb::thumb:

sparky_speedy

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Funster No
Thanks Dale for a lovely meet. The venue was excellent, nice views of marina, good food in the restaurant and warm and clean toilets. The weather could have been better but as usual for us brightened up the day we were leaving. :roflmto:

Sometimes its better when not so many attend as it makes for a more friendly atmosphere and we all had a good time doing Dale's quiz and partaking of a few bevvies on Friday and Saturday night.:ROFLMAO:

Many Happy Returns for Emily's 13th birthday - the cake was lovely.

Hope Ivy and Sandy got some bargains at the boot sale!

Deb & Paul (plus Ginger) xx

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
A BIG thank you to all you Funsters who came to the first, and not last, Norfolk Meet for making it a huge success. The weekend went well and I hope your all feeling chilled out. I know four of you stayed on until today and may I wish you a safe onward journey.

Regards

Graham, Dale & Emily xxx

SmellyFeet

Free Member
Aug 4, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Less Than 1 Year
Norfolk Meet

Left this morning at 6.45, sorry if we woke anybody up, had to get the kids back to school.

Thanks to Dale and Graham for organising, sitting in the hot tub on Saturday morning was much better than working in the shop. Thoroughly relaxed.

Excellent choice of site, best toilets and showers I have experienced camping and motorhoming. Pub was an excellent bonus, good food, wine and beer. Nice to have the use of the pool. Good views all around.

Yesterday after lunch we walked to The White Lion in Wheatacre about 4 miles round trip. Would make a nice lunch time walk next time if the weather is dry. Good fires, menu varied, and nice atmosphere. Only downside, tried two beers and both would have gone nicely with chips, but I'm sure that's just a glich.

All in all very enjoyable weekend.

Dave

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Had a brilliant weekend, weather could have been better, but what do we expect for this time of year.

We have decided to stay another night and will be heading off to Colchester area tomorrow.

Thanks Dale and family for a great weekend, if we around this area next year and there is another meet you can put own names down for that one.

Thanks Nigel and Pamala

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Thanks John & Ruth, lovely to see you both again and yes most definately another meet is on the cards.

Dale

Oct 4, 2010
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS C CLASS
Exp
First timer

I have today booked the Waveney River Centre for the weekend of November 5th - 7th November. Anyone wishing to come earlier or stay later than these dates can do so.

The price per pitch is £12 per night or £15 for a Super Pitch. This is a group rate for Motor Home Fun so when you book please mention you are wanting to book for The Motorhome Fun Weekend to get these rates.

They have a winter deal of 3 nights for the price of 2 BUT these will be charged at the full rate and not discounted any other way.

I know its Bonfire weekend but NO fireworks or Chinese lanterns will be allowed, sorry to spoil the fun but should you want to bring along your pets you know they can be assured of a noise free meet ie fireworks going off.

Funsters are welcome even if you want to attend in a tent or caravan, we're a friendly lot ::bigsmile:

The swimming pool will be open and its pay as you go or you can get a family pass, also the pub will be open with food being served both lunchtime and evening.

To book - quoting Motorhome Fun Weekend, tel: 01502 677 343 or email them info@waveneyrivercentre.co.uk

Please let me know if you book so I know who is attending.

Many thanks

Dale

Hi Dale
It was my first MHF occasion and I was not sure if it was the sort of thing that would suit me.
The weather was pretty dire but in all I met some really nice people and had a really enjoyable weekend. The location and facilities were superb.
Thanks to all those that made me welcome.
Can you let me know the MHF name of the two nice people in the 5th Wheeler so I can contact them.
Again thanks
Gaudie (Gordon)

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Yes - thanks to Dale and Graham and everyone else for a lovely weekend. It was our first meet and certainly won't be our last. The showers were fab and I could have stayed in there all night. It was really nice meeting so many people from MF and I do apologise for my raucous laugh on Saturday night. I have been told it's penetrating but obviously, my perception isn't the same as everyone else's. For the benefiit of Sparky_Speedy, we got naff all at the boot sale since everyone was packing up by the time we got there. Oh yes - we did get a bag of Bramleys for £1 and they have now been frozen as apple sauce. Sorry I didn't say goodbye, you were gone by the time we got back but I really hope we all meet up again before too long.
Ivy

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Once again thank you all for coming, it was a great weekend despite the weather. The landlady of the Waveney Inn did say thank you for brightning up what would of been a quiet weekend, sure she didnt mean my singing, lol. I agree Ivy the showers were to die for and me too didnt want to get out, luxury. Lovely to meet Funsters new and old and another meet to Waveney River Centre is in the pipeline, see you there.

Dale, Graham & Emily

Oct 4, 2010
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS C CLASS
Exp
Hi

Hi Those two people are Pamala and myself, it was good meeting you too, we really enjoyed your company.

Nigel and Pamala

Hi to both of you
Sorry I had forgotten your names, it's a bloke thing and probably an age one too.
I too really enjoyed our chat and loved the 5th, it's got me thinking (DANGEROUS!!). Just for info, where did you get it?

I have investigated the Internet connection dongle (see my questions and replies on The Forum - I think?) but it seems that according to Vodaphone ( my provider) it would cost me 9.99 per day, which is not possible.
Can you refresh my memory regarding yours and what I need to link it to mine. Just for info I have a Nokia 580 on Vodaphone and pay for calls & texts with a Freedom pack, I also have a Toshiba laptop with WiFi.
Brian has suggested using a cafe Internet abroad but that restricts me to being in a village or town where they exist.

Hope you don't mind the questions.

Can you remind me where you are based and are you on Skype?
Thanks
Gordon

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Gordon

We can't wander far away from where we are at the moment, any chance of you coming over to spend a few days on the campsite we are staying on at the moment. It is at Holywell Row near to Mildenhall in Suffolk. It is a caravan club site and we believe they are hot on you being a member (you would need to ask the question when ringing if you decide to come). It is a small CL site and very peaceful and their tel. no. is 01638 713214 It is £9.00 per night including electric.

Pamala is very capable of rustling up a veggie meal if you are interested.

With regards to the dongle we use, it would not be suitable for use overseas.

We do use Skype by the way.

Nigel and Pamala

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Waveney River Centre were finalists in the 2010 Broads Tourism Awards last night and I am pleased to announce they won:

Best Broads Holiday Expereince Award

Best Caravan/Holdiday Park Award

Best Customer Care Award

Well Done to them and looking forward to visiting again soon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread