Norfolk Line (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
We booked the ferry from Dover to Dunkirk via the Caravan Club back in January. A special deal which cost us £54 return for Roller team and the three of us. I had a call last week from the CC saying that the Executive lounge had been overbooked on our outward journey but on our return we would be ok to use it. It was meaninless to me, but apparantly the price included us to travel in E L. For the inconvenience this will cause they asked if this would be a problem!! No, was my answer so they are sending us meal and drink vouchers to compensate.

Dale

vinnythehat

Free Member
Jan 2, 2008
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Dale,
We have also booked this crossing for the same amount(£54), out the end of March and return the end of June, no mention of executive lounges to us from the C.C.!!:cry:
Incidentally the return journey is only £19 !!!::bigsmile:, never used Norfolk Line before, so we are looking foreward to trying it out(even though no E.L facilaties !).
Enjoy your crossings,:thumb:
Regards
Vinny & Sue

OP
OP
DandG5515
Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Hi

You will have to let us know where your going, we havent got a route planned yet so any ideas would be greatful. We used to live in Crosland Hill before we moved down here, I worked at Goodalls Caravans for 21 years before they went bust.

Dale

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
Norfolk Line seem to be the ones to use at present. I booked my SWB Transit camper Dover - Dunkirk on May 8th....£20 including surcharges. I can't book the return because we don't know when we will come back.:Sad:.

BTW, I lived and worked in Huddersfield too some years ago. Near the top of Dod Lea, just by the Dusty Miller.

vinnythehat

Free Member
Jan 2, 2008
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Dale & Frank,
Sorry but we are 'cummersin!' only lived here 9yrs, so a long time to go before we are 'locals', and what makes it worse is we are from t'other side oft hills.....:winky::roflmto:
We are heading for Lake Garda, via Luxembourg, Metz, into Switzerland via Basel, Luzern, then Garda, after Garda we will play it by ear, may head further south towards Naples etc, not sure yet...never been to Italy, apart from Rimmini(Blackpool with sun !!) many years ago, infact we have not done any of this route either, so very much looking foreward to it...
Dale ..you should be good for any maintenance problems on motorhomes then !!!:winky::winky::roflmto:
Reagrds
Vinny & Sue

OP
OP
DandG5515
Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Accounts was my job not in the workshops and I am a female Dale

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Exp
September '09
Hi Vinny,

We're going thet way in May. Not sure which route, depends on the weather but will end up in Garda and Tuscany at some stage. We won't get down as far as Naples though which is a shame as Sorrento and Amalfi are beautiful but the traffic on the coast roads is hell! Good luck.

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Exp
September '09
Hi Dale,

I remember Goodalls well. They are still operating in Brighouse now but not on the same scale. Was it Julian Goodall that ran the show? I seem to recall that name.

OP
OP
DandG5515
Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Yes it was Julian who now has a branch at Shepley and somewhere else in Sheffied and no longer sells new carvans only second hand!! My friend still works for him but after what he did I want no more to do with him. One of the branches was at Mirfield and now Kenmore Caravans trade from there. Its surprising who on here will know someone you know.

Dale

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back