Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I am a newbie
After the schools open we plan a week in Norfolk. Anyone recommend a good site to use as a base. Similar style to the touring park in Padstow.

Thank's
JohnT

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I would be interested to know that as well . I will be returning from Stanhope and am looking for somewhere for a few days in Norfolk...Roy

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
we used this as a base camp.....
White House Farm Camping Site
Contact Details
Address:Main Road, Repps With Bastwick, Potter Heigham, Norfolk, England
Postcode:NR29 5JH
Telephone:01692 670403

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
The CC site in Sandringham is open to non members but works out expensive. It is handy for K Lynn and the North coast though and the facilities are first class. It's the only CC site as opposed to CL that I ever use (off season).

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Thank you ,I will Google that, the last time I was at Potter heignham I was on a boat on the broads so that area sounds interesting ...Roy
we were there on a boat too in june this year,,,,,,but we stayed at the site the year before,,,great base,,,bit of road noise,,,but only £11 a night with ehu....

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
IF you are CCC members, the Motor Home Section has a Temporary Holiday Site at Manor Lodge, Ludham NR29 5NP for £7pn. (25/8-19/9)

I hope to get there if only for a couple of nights - Gordon

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
Just spent two weeks in Norfolk & Suffolk and stayed on lots of sites - unfortunately at work at the moment so can't check all of them, but Norwich C & CC site was good. We also found a couple of good pub/hotel car parks, Sutton Staithe hotel don't charge you for overnighting and you can use the hotel toilets if you need, The Maltsters at Ranworth charge £6:00 a night but you get that back if you eat in the pub (which I can recommend) and there is a public toilet next to the car park. We also liked the White Hills site that someone else has recommended - handy for The Lion at Thurne Dyke which does great food and a nice pint of Woodford's Wherry. While you're in Norfolk don't miss the Museum Of The Broads at Stalham.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just spent two weeks in Norfolk & Suffolk and stayed on lots of sites - unfortunately at work at the moment so can't check all of them, but Norwich C & CC site was good. We also found a couple of good pub/hotel car parks, Sutton Staithe hotel don't charge you for overnighting and you can use the hotel toilets if you need, The Maltsters at Ranworth charge £6:00 a night but you get that back if you eat in the pub (which I can recommend) and there is a public toilet next to the car park. We also liked the White Hills site that someone else has recommended - handy for The Lion at Thurne Dyke which does great food and a nice pint of Woodford's Wherry. While you're in Norfolk don't miss the Museum Of The Broads at Stalham.
Sutton staith, been many times, and actually there is a nice ccc site right across the road

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We have a seasonal pitch at the C&CC site at Thetford Forest. Britain's largest lowland pine forest adjoins the site so its ideal if thats what you like. No shops within walking distance but there are couple of pubs about 20 minutes walk away.

At last the dualling of the A11 is almost finished, opening next month, so the site will at least be easy to get to.

Paul

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
The caravan club site Incleboro fields at West Runton is very nice, about £18 per night. Its between Cromer and Sheringham just through a 9 hole golf course ( £15 for club members). We go there, its nearish to us and a very nice area.
Phil

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
The CC site in Sandringham is open to non members but works out expensive. It is handy for K Lynn and the North coast though and the facilities are first class. It's the only CC site as opposed to CL that I ever use (off season).

Don't forget the c&cc site is next door and takes non-members, we prefer this one as it's set out alot less formally.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back