Rally Norden Farm May 2020 Meet - Postponed Until May 2021 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Karen, have you had anything back from Morden Farms yet, I fully expect it to be closed but wanted to make sure before I cancel my time off at work. Thanks, hope you're both keeping well :giggle:
Hi Ginnie - we are both ok so far ? thank you :smiley: Norden Farm had agreed to move bookings & roll over deposits to next year (normally only within same season) & to 10-14 May 2021 for those who want to be part of the Meet again but we were waiting to hear back if that would be at the same rates especially as most Funsters had 10% discount but haven't heard back about that yet. From their website https://nordenfarmcampsite.com/covid-19/ update yesterday sounds like they might be busy contacting customers to move earlier bookings at the moment & are unlikely to reopen anytime soon this year. Hope that helps & that you can work from home for now & keep safe.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks Wombles. Need to get a calender for next year with all these rallies etc moving (y) :giggle:
Me too - went to buy a 2021 desk diary but the few that are available are crazy prices at the moment so guess the demand is high! Have taken copies of the year planner in our current diary & working on that for now - do have electronic planners on phone etc but still prefer paper :smiley:

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Hi Ginnie - we are both ok so far ? thank you :smiley: Norden Farm had agreed to move bookings & roll over deposits to next year (normally only within same season) & to 10-14 May 2021 for those who want to be part of the Meet again but we were waiting to hear back if that would be at the same rates especially as most Funsters had 10% discount but haven't heard back about that yet. From their website https://nordenfarmcampsite.com/covid-19/ update yesterday sounds like they might be busy contacting customers to move earlier bookings at the moment & are unlikely to reopen anytime soon this year. Hope that helps & that you can work from home for now & keep safe.
Thanks for the update Karen, I'll wait to hear from them. Stay safe

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
Hi karen, thank you for the update, I would love to be part of the group if transferred to next year, it's a really difficult time for everyone. I hope your both well, stay safe.?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Yes, thanks for this Karen, and all your hard work. Will it all be moved en bloc or do we have to do it individually?

ps, We're happy we managed to get some camping in this year. We went to both Tavira and Falesia aires, but had to hi tail it back to the UK.

Oct 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
Exp
Since 2019
Hi Karen, thank for the update, we will be happy to transfer to next years event. Leet me know if and when I need to do anything.
Pam.

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
Me too - went to buy a 2021 desk diary but the few that are available are crazy prices at the moment so guess the demand is high! Have taken copies of the year planner in our current diary & working on that for now - do have electronic planners on phone etc but still prefer paper :smiley:

Hi KAREN, try this program/app, it gives you/us all we require (yearly calendar ?, plus loads of other stuff)

www.timeanddate.com

Mar 2, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Im a newbe
Hi Jim and I forgot to tell you that I have my name down for the Norden Farm Rally and Highlands End Meet but don't know if these rallies are going to happen with the present situation ! I have tried to cancel for now but have been told just to sit tight for a while ! Only paid deposit for Norden but full payment taken for Highlands End .

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Hi Jim and I forgot to tell you that I have my name down for the Norden Farm Rally and Highlands End Meet but don't know if these rallies are going to happen with the present situation ! I have tried to cancel for now but have been told just to sit tight for a while ! Only paid deposit for Norden but full payment taken for Highlands End .

We had quite a few sites booked from early March, so far they have all cancelled and refunded the whole amount, I always pay the full amount upon booking, Just because I tend to forget to pay the remainder when required, we have also booked for Norden and Highlands End. We’re also booked on Stenaline in June, but looking at their site today I don’t think that’ll be a problem either (fingers crossed, as that WAS expensive)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I've received calls from 01929 480098 which I assumed was a nuisance call. But it appears to be from Norden Farm. I'm happy for the deposit to be rolled over to next year, but thought others may be also having calls and wondering who it was calling. I will contact them later!

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
I too have said I will be happy to roll over to a new date, hope your still willing to extend to next year Karen, so have not requested a refund. ??

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Just rang me - monies can be carried over up to December 2021.

I did say I was happy to do that rather than a refund and she said that even though they are cancelling we would not be entitled to a refund as per their T&Cs anyway?

Roll on next year!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Rosemary1 bigalw35 Beemobile Taran_Las Centurian Dorwyn Ginster Camper Sue Daz6175 Targetpaster Bessie600 Bob Worsley MajesticBee Cliffyboy
Hi All - good to hear that Norden Farm has been ringing some of you as presume this is to move bookings & roll over deposits to 10-14 May 2021 for those who want to join us & be part of the Meet again or other dates individually if that time isn't suitable for you. We haven't heard yet if for the new 2021 Meet dates that would be at the same rates especially as most Funsters had 10% discount this year so will try & clarify that again or if any of you that have got this sorted please let us know.

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Rosemary1 bigalw35 Beemobile Taran_Las Centurian Dorwyn Ginster Camper Sue Daz6175 Targetpaster Bessie600 Bob Worsley MajesticBee Cliffyboy
Hi All - good to hear that Norden Farm has been ringing some of you as presume this is to move bookings & roll over deposits to 10-14 May 2021 for those who want to join us & be part of the Meet again or other dates individually if that time isn't suitable for you. We haven't heard yet if for the new 2021 Meet dates that would be at the same rates especially as most Funsters had 10% discount this year so will try & clarify that again or if any of you that have got this sorted please let us know.

Hi Karen, I telephoned Norden Farm yesterday, they were very obliging and helpful, at the moment I've postponed our booking until your suggested dates for 2021, 10th - 14th MAY 2021, if circumstances change they seem only to happy to move our dates to suit us.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Hi Karen Wombles, just changed my booking to next year, the person I spoke to said she'd been told to just transfer everything over to next year and assumes that means the 10% discount moves too, so we should all be ok. ?

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Hi Karen Wombles, just changed my booking to next year, the person I spoke to said she'd been told to just transfer everything over to next year and assumes that means the 10% discount moves too, so we should all be ok. ?

Following the telephone conversation with Norden Farm and the email with the NEW (2021 amended booking confirmation) financially it remains the same :happy:

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
HI Karen and Alan, Wombles We would love to join you in 2021 for this one if you find any spaces are available. Take care Mike and Toni

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Rosemary1 bigalw35 Beemobile Taran_Las Centurian Dorwyn Ginster Camper Sue Daz6175 Targetpaster Bessie600 Bob Worsley MajesticBee Cliffyboy Nana

Looking forward we have now started a new thread for May 2021 Meet https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...et-corfe-castle-dorset-10-14-may-2021.219106/ & are happy that not only are Norden Farm campsite moving this years postponed bookings at the same rate to next years Meet on request but they are also for a limited time keeping to that rate with early booking discount (for a limited time) for new bookings (y)
We hope that you will all be able to join us then (please let us know if you will be) & maybe bring some friends or family along or enjoy a stay there at another time.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Teddy B apologies for missing you off the list to be alerted but please see the post #141 above

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Thanks Karen, looking forward to it and getting back to normal.... whatever that is :Grin:

Mar 2, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Im a newbe
Hi Jim and Karen and just to let you know I have cancelled my booking for Norden Farm this year 2021 and asked them to hold my deposit for next year 2022 ! Do you know what dates next year please 2022 ? . Regards Cliff.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Jim and Karen and just to let you know I have cancelled my booking for Norden Farm this year 2021 and asked them to hold my deposit for next year 2022 ! Do you know what dates next year please 2022 ? . Regards Cliff.
Hi - we have asked about 9-13 May 2022 but Norden Farm want to see how it goes this year with regards to rebooking a meet. Hopefully if moving bookings they can still do that or make a note for when they set up their system for 2022 bookings.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back