Rally Norden Farm May 2020 Meet - Postponed Until May 2021 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Last chance to book with 10% discount - one hour left today by phone to the campsite or book online then email by midnight to get discount applied!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Final bump before midnight email booking deadline - off to party now! :party2:

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Bob and Jan booked in for 4 nights and straight on to Newbury

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Us Wombles are off for some winter sun shortly :sun:We will keep an eye on this thread in case of any urgent enquiries or messages but will catch up fully on our return. Please keep posting - we are looking forward to seeing everyone who has booked so far :hi5: & hope that a few more will join us too on this friendly Meet.

For those new to Meets (booking direct with campsite) & Rallies (booking via Rally Marshal) this should be a gentle introduction to fellow Funsters which we hope may encourage you to go along to a few more.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Back home now with heating on ❄ & catching up. We have a lovely friendly bunch of Funsters on this Meet so far & if anyone else wants to join us :hi: you will be assured of a warm welcome - please just let us know here if you do book.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I have booked with Norden Farm for this rally and also Bob Worsley has booked aswell
Good to hear that you will both be joining us all :smiley: - have updated the list on the the first post now.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Norden Farm have launched their updated website https://nordenfarm.com/campsite-the-site/ today (y)
It's good to see some recent photos as it's been a few years since we visited. Pond Field camping area :inlove: (all but where the left hand cluster of tents are) is pictured below:

1580682768234.png

Oct 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
Exp
Since 2019
Hi, we have booked our first ralley to Norden Farm and look forward to meeting you all.
Pam, Danny and Benson the Boxer.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone thinking of booking - Norden Farm campsite booking office will be closed tomorrow due to SSE work but open again on Wednesday.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Loving the new video - it gives a good idea of the campsite & area:

Feb 3, 2020
Probably in the bar .........
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 120
Exp
I'm a newbie
Good Afternoon,

Not sure we can join you for what would be our first Rally, but just to pitch in, pun intended, Norden is a wonderful site and the area.... well we all say our home county is ' God's own country' but well this is! Try to get to Kimmeridge through the Tank testing area. Great drive and interesting Bay.

Off to check the Leave sheets to see if it's a goer.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Good Afternoon,

Not sure we can join you for what would be our first Rally, but just to pitch in, pun intended, Norden is a wonderful site and the area.... well we all say our home county is ' God's own country' but well this is! Try to get to Kimmeridge through the Tank testing area. Great drive and interesting Bay.

Off to check the Leave sheets to see if it's a goer.
Hi - we were all new once so remember what that's like - you would be very welcome!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Lambs due now

1583061829473.png

There's alpacas as well as Hetty the cow!

1583061945986.png

Looks like these are the raised fields next to where we will be camping :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For Norden Farm campers there are some discounts this year at some local businesses (y)

Located just a 5-minute walk away from Norden Farm, Cyclexperience https://www.cyclex.co.uk/hire-dorset offers a great range of push bikes to hire with 10% off online bookings when using an exclusive Norden Farm code!

Image may contain: bicycle, sky, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: sky, bicycle, tree, plant, cloud, grass, outdoor and nature

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The Halfway Inn https://www.thehalfwayinnwareham.co.uk/ is just down the road from Norden Farm & on proof of campsite bookings gives 10% discount to NF campers, it is dog friendly & has a large car park too. It isn't cheap but good reviews & Food Hygiene ratings plus local Badger Beer. It looks like it's the second bus stop after Norden towards Wareham.

1583584610255.png

1583584643866.png

1583585912185.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Rosemary1 bigalw35 Beemobile Taran_Las Centurian Dorwyn Ginster Camper Sue Daz6175 Targetpaster Bessie600 Bob Worsley MajesticBee
Hi All :hi: - after the Government sanctions today I've just emailed Norden Farm to ask if they might consider changing the dates of our Meet to the same time next year 10-14 May 2021 on the same terms with no loss of deposit. Know this is a long time ahead & might not suit everyone so have just enquired about it as a possible option & will update on here when we find out if it is even possible. As each of you has booked direct what you do will be your choice but it seems like the only responsible thing to try to do from the point of view of meeting up.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
Hi KAREN, I assume what you’re saying is that you are cancelling the meet ?, if so do we get our money back ? or as you say we could still go as planned as we booked and fully paid direct with the site ?, didn’t see the news, so what are the government sanctions ? we’re off to Norfolk for a couple of weeks on Friday, not sure about internet reception there, to keep up ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi KAREN, I assume what you’re saying is that you are cancelling the meet ?, if so do we get our money back ? or as you say we could still go as planned as we booked and fully paid direct with the site ?, didn’t see the news, so what are the government sanctions ? we’re off to Norfolk for a couple of weeks on Friday, not sure about internet reception there, to keep up ?
Hi - we saw the whole live broadcast - a brief summary & tiny part of the broadcast here . Currently we are being asked to avoid all non-essential travel, all gatherings & contact with others even small groups as well as pubs, theatres & restaurants but it was made clear that the Government have the power to enforce this in the unlikely event that that it is not followed voluntarily. Those who are over 70 or of any age who have health issues should also be "shielded" for at least the next 12 weeks although 16 weeks were suggested before. Lots more content but those are probably the ones that have now prompted cancellations of an upcoming Warners Show, other meets & rallies etc. Seems quite a soft start compared to what's now necessary overseas so expect things to become much more restrictive soon.
According to Norden Farm terms & conditions deposits are non-refundable but in these circumstances would hope they will sort something for everyone hence our email to them.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Rosemary1 bigalw35 Beemobile Taran_Las Centurian Dorwyn Ginster Camper Sue Daz6175 Targetpaster Bessie600 Bob Worsley MajesticBee
Hi All :hi: - after the Government sanctions today I've just emailed Norden Farm to ask if they might consider changing the dates of our Meet to the same time next year 10-14 May 2021 on the same terms with no loss of deposit. Know this is a long time ahead & might not suit everyone so have just enquired about it as a possible option & will update on here when we find out if it is even possible. As each of you has booked direct what you do will be your choice but it seems like the only responsible thing to try to do from the point of view of meeting up.

Sounds like a sensible solution if the site will go for it. Thank you

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
I still plan to go as an individual should we be transferred to next year, provided of course that the site is open and I am accepted, the caravan and motorhome clubs are still open, under due care and attention to the current two metre space rule I can't see a problem, unless the gov come up with rules.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I still plan to go as an individual should we be transferred to next year, provided of course that the site is open and I am accepted, the caravan and motorhome clubs are still open, under due care and attention to the current two metre space rule I can't see a problem, unless the gov come up with rules.
Hi Sue - thank you for posting - I've heard back from Norden Farm & just checking on a few small points with them then I will post options on here.

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Hi Sue - thank you for posting - I've heard back from Norden Farm & just checking on a few small points with them then I will post options on here.
Hi Karen, have you had anything back from Morden Farms yet, I fully expect it to be closed but wanted to make sure before I cancel my time off at work. Thanks, hope you're both keeping well :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back