Nordelettronica NE132 & NE133 Control Panel (2 Viewers)

Sep 8, 2021
Funster No
MH
2005Laika Ecovip 8.1
We have a 2005 Laika Ecovip 8.1, in around 2012 the control panel was upgraded/updated on direction from Laika to a Nordelettronica NE132 & NE133. One of the elements is the control panel and the other is under the passenger seat with a fuse panel and panel overide switch. The two units are connected by a data cable with computer style serial plugs.
Everything was fine until 2017 when it displayed 'No Connection' on the control panel. Using the overide switch most stuff works (pump, lights etc.).
I sent it to Apuljack Engineering, they did whatever wizardry they do and returned it, all fine again until earlier this year, same fault occurred I sent it back to Apuljack, they ran their tests and couldn't find a fault, when I refitted it into the van all was fine again (Gremlins obviously gone on holiday!) until a couple of weeks ago, once again 'no connection'.
I've done a continuity check on the 9 core data cable, continuity seems okay, I've made up a test cable with new serial connectors and new cable - this makes no difference. As soon as you connect the two together the 'no connection' warning comes up, so they are obviously talking to each other 'a bit' !
I have no wiring information for the panel and very little for the van, can anyone provide guidance on what I do next please?

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Not ignoring you, just also out of ideas too. If it's been to Apuljack twice, it's definitely an obscure fault. I'd be looking for a dry joint or a cracked PCB track. Does slightly pushing, pulling or pressing the connections fix the problem for a short time? When a joint is soldered, the solder can flow round the pin, but not actually make metallic contact. It's rare, but it happens. Pushing/pulling can cause it to make temporary metallic contact. The cure is to resolder the joints using plenty of flux. A cracked pcb track can sometimes be seen with a good magnifying glass and a bright light. Look near stress points like the plugs and sockets. A crack can be bridged by soldering a short section of wire.

OP
OP
N
Sep 8, 2021
Funster No
MH
2005Laika Ecovip 8.1
Thanks for your advice, 've now got a feeling it might be something to do with the charger. When the upgraded units were installed, most of it was plug in but I believe another link was required running from the Te26 charger (Charge Line terminal see photo with white cable) to the NE 132 Fuse Panel, JP2 Terminal 7, checking my limited documentation, this is simply 'power'. I took a multi meter reading and it's zero, if this is the 'master' power for the control system, shouldn't I expect to see some level of reading?
I'm assuming that this charger will only output 12V, or could it also put out lower voltages? On the NE 132 Fuse Panel terminals I get quite a variety from less than 1V to around 5V !
I'm mechanical based so this is all getting a bit beyond me! Maybe I just need to cut my losses and get something a bit more modern and reliable!

Nick

Te26.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I can't find any documentation for these units, but for others like it, the 'Charger Line' wire goes to the 'Power Main Input' on the NE unit. Different units have different connectors and pin numbers, nothing in common that I can see. The Charger Line wire voltage could be anything. About 12V is one possibility, a common level for 'logic' (on/off indicators) is 5V, or it could be a control that pulls another logic line to low, so that will show nothing.

Anybody else got any documentation for an NE132 or NE133?

OP
OP
N
Sep 8, 2021
Funster No
MH
2005Laika Ecovip 8.1
Thanks, I thought for a minute I might have found the fault with that charge line but maybe not!!
It’s beginning to look like professional help is required!
Any recommendations in the Plymouth/Devon area?

BDM

Aug 17, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2008
If you still have the problem, I would contact Delta Conversions in Eastbourne and see if they can help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Similar problem with an NE 183 - dealer fixed it the first time by "resetting the panel" which I later discovered just meant disconnecting it from the power supply, counting slowly to 30 and plugging it back in. Has gone 'dead' a couple of times since and pulling the main fuse has solved the problem each time.

Dec 19, 2021
Cotswolds, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 3002
Exp
Motorhome g since 2007
Hi Nick. Are you still having issues?
I’m having different issues with the same equipment in a Kreos 3002, but I could test the voltage on that line terminal, if it helps?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back