Nordelettronica MD TE43 leisure battery charger (1 Viewer)

Muffinn

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Worcester
Funster No
Exp
I have just plugged in my mains cable to a CI motorhome and do not see power reaching the leisure battery to recharge it. The mains otherwise is working in the van. I have located the unit a Nordelettronica MD TE43. I have checked all the fuses I can see but see no reset button on the unit which is awkwardly located under a front seat in a Mercedes cab. How should I proceed? Can I test that the unit is still working - there are no abvious lights on it when I connect.

Or is it dead?

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Firstly i would check to see if you have power going into it , then check if there is anything coming out of the unit , you can do this simply with a multi meter.

Mark

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As Mark says..
but just to clarify a little..
Put a meter ( any cheapo one will do.. Heck, even I sell em for less than a tenner so you should be able to find one locally ok ) across the battery and see what voltage it is sitting at.
Whilst you hold the probes on the battery get someone to plug in the mains cable.
Hopefully you will see a little rise in the voltage when the mains is switched on...
It will not be a BIG rise.. just as long as you see even a small one that will indicate the thing is functioning

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

Muffinn

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Worcester
Funster No
Exp
No voltage rise - the charger makes no hum or feels cold when it's been "on" so I assume it's not working. Would a charger have a fuse? Can't see any fuses that apply and they all look good?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back