Jan 4, 2012
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Jayco FeatherlightTrailer
Exp
since 2009
Hi
Can anybody help or advise where I may be able to get help. I have a Norcold fridge/freezer model no N611LT serial No 10480012 which is freezing the fresh food compatrment, the temp control switch is having no effect and when on gas the burner runs continuosly. The unit is in continual use on the automatic setting with AC power delivered from a generator as mains power is not available here. I am a bit worried as I understand some of these units present a fire risk

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
I don't know about the newer Norcold ----but with the later Dometic ones the temp control is INSIDE the 'fridge on the cooling grill thing--------it's just a bit of plastic (with a wire on it ??) it is slid up and down to alter temp.
But your best bet is to call Duncan at 'Star Spangled Spanner'------he is our saviour::bigsmile:
Nigel & Pamala---------Portugal

Upvote 0

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi
Can anybody help or advise where I may be able to get help. I have a Norcold fridge/freezer model no N611LT serial No 10480012 which is freezing the fresh food compatrment, the temp control switch is having no effect and when on gas the burner runs continuosly. The unit is in continual use on the automatic setting with AC power delivered from a generator as mains power is not available here. I am a bit worried as I understand some of these units present a fire risk

We have a Thetford fridge/freezer so may not be the same problem as yours but we had exactly the same with the fresh food compartment freezing everything.

After a call to Thetford the problem was immediately diagnosed as a faulty thermistor and was very simple matter for me to replace.

I hope this might help you

Brian

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back