'NON STARTER PACKAGE (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
I have a perfectly good alarm system on my motorhome but would like to have the VanBitz 'non starter package' fitted.
Does anyone know if I can have this fitted as a standalone package or do I have to have a strikeback alarm fitted as well?

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
I enquired at NEC and ( I hope I got this right) non start can be fitted as a stand alone. It does not need strike back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 15, 2016
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
2015 Auto-Trail V600
Exp
8 years motohoming and counting
There are a couple of self managed trackers as alternatives to the Vanbitz "non starter" which a good auto electrician can install and which achieve a similar effect ie preventing the starter from working when armed or on demand.

These can be wired to work with other alarms provided there is a suitable output on the alarm to talk to the tracker. The only difference as far as I can tell is that the "non starter" has the ability to also phone the user after it has texted the alert, but its easy to manually listen in if needed from those that come with a microphone. Prices are under £100 plus fitting costs.

Two UK firms I have come across and who seem reputable are Back2you who sell their own branded products and Rewire Security who sell & support all kinds of trackers as well as their own branded 103RS unit.

There are the cheap Chinese knock offs at £30 posted elsewhere on here but whilst they may work, the quality of these are dubious, instructions hard to understand ( poor translations) and support non existant.

I'm currently trialling a Teltonika FM1122, on my Auto-Trail V600, which is a full blown ( but tiny) fleet tracker that can be programmed to work in a similar way via sms to the "non starter". This also has a web and smart phone interface with real time and historical tracking and very low battery draw. Its also on a payg sim.

I'll update here how it goes if anyone is interested.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
There are a couple of self managed trackers as alternatives to the Vanbitz "non starter" which a good auto electrician can install and which achieve a similar effect ie preventing the starter from working when armed or on demand.

These can be wired to work with other alarms provided there is a suitable output on the alarm to talk to the tracker. The only difference as far as I can tell is that the "non starter" has the ability to also phone the user after it has texted the alert, but its easy to manually listen in if needed from those that come with a microphone. Prices are under £100 plus fitting costs.

Two UK firms I have come across and who seem reputable are Back2you who sell their own branded products and Rewire Security who sell & support all kinds of trackers as well as their own branded 103RS unit.

There are the cheap Chinese knock offs at £30 posted elsewhere on here but whilst they may work, the quality of these are dubious, instructions hard to understand ( poor translations) and support non existant.

I'm currently trialling a Teltonika FM1122, on my Auto-Trail V600, which is a full blown ( but tiny) fleet tracker that can be programmed to work in a similar way via sms to the "non starter". This also has a web and smart phone interface with real time and historical tracking and very low battery draw. Its also on a payg sim.

I'll update here how it goes if anyone is interested.

Sounds risky to me

How can you be confident that it's an effective system and not a knock off copy?

What if it's fitted incorrectly - how can you tell if an auto electrician is a Motorhome security expert ?

Why take the risk with a major investment such as a MH?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 15, 2016
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
2015 Auto-Trail V600
Exp
8 years motohoming and counting
My reply was simply intended to address the OP' s question given that Vanbitz are not able to offer their "non starter" system to integrate with an alarm not installed by them, which I can fully understand from a warranty and support point of view.

I think Vanbitz have a very comprehensive MH protection system and for MH's with no current security, would be a good first choice - one stop installation and support. Makes sense.

Quality? I think that some comfort can be had by buying an alternative tracker/ immobiliser product from a UK based supplier, with business premises, product branded with UK name, proper branded box, proper instructions, uk based customer support by people who stand by their oroduct? I'm not sure knock off sellers would go to all that trouble.

But if cost isnt such an issue then for Gemini MH alarms, Gemini also do a self managed sms tracker with starter immobilisor which runs out at about £275 plus fitting totalling about the same as the "non starter".

Fitting? Same can be said for fitting anything to any vehicle. You need to find a reputable installer. Whilst alarms might be motorhome specific, trackers aren't and most nowadays ( from what I have researched) have the ability to disable a starter motor and by various means, so there is therefore more choice of suppliers and fitters surely?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back