Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
We have removed the fitted carpet from our MH, for the summer at least. (Much easier to clean with 3 little furbabies!!)....However, OH (whose idea it was!!) :Doh: is moaning about the cold floor etc. :ROFLMAO:
Wondering if any of you can recommend washable NON SLIP mats of any description?? :winky: Thanks, Ana x

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Ana

We also took out the fitted carpet (it only fitted in some places:Doh:) and now just have a small rug (£6 from Lidl) in the lounge area. To stop it sliding, I have put a couple of anti-slip mats under it. This works for us - even the Jack Russell doesn't move it when he rearranges everything in sight in order to get a comfy sleeping position.

Phil

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
The carpet in my van is well fitted so i didn't want to take it up in case it wouldn't go back properly. Bought some thin rugs from aldi cheapo 6' x 2' protects the original carpet, and can be taken out cleaned or replaced problem solved::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
Thank you for your replies!!
PHIL...may I ask that by "anti slip mats" do you mean the type you can put on a dash or tray etc to stop things sliding?? Thanks, Ana x

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Thank you for your replies!!
PHIL...may I ask that by "anti slip mats" do you mean the type you can put on a dash or tray etc to stop things sliding?? Thanks, Ana x
They are bigger than that - slightly larger than A4 size. You can also get a roll that you cut to the size you want - I have seen these in Instore but I think you can get them at Pound shops.
Phil

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
I have tried the non slip matting on top of the carpet with no success as it still managed to walk by itself. I also bought those gripper strips advertised in magazines and they walk also. Now only have carpet at the back of the van in the hope we can get to the muddy paws before they reach there, with the wood surface only at the door and the front area, excluding the cab.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we left the sticky back clear plastic protective sheeting on our carpets.
it was fitted by the dealer to stop the punters leaving muck on the carpets and has been down for 18months now and has served very well but is now in dire need of replacing.

bit like thick clingfilm and the last time i saw it it was in aldi....£10 for a 30mtr(?) roll.

remember...aldi's specials come round again each year so may be in store soon.

ill be getting a couple or rolls when they do.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back