May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
Afternoon all...

We have to replace the tyres on our motorhome this year and have been recommended Nokian tyres. Has anyone here ever used them and what were they like? Apparently the winter tyres can be left on all year and last really well.

Thanks in advance.

GerTee

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi @Gert
Never heard of them before, so googled reviews and the results were very positive. Apparently they are winter tyres great is snow conditions, manufactured by Nokia in Finland predominantly for the Russian USSR market.
Not much mention of road noise, which I imagine could be high with such a deep tread pattern, so need to check out DB levels further.
They seem to be very durable on tread wear providing high mileage.
My main concern would be the load ratings, providing they are OK for MH's then they could be a great contender.
Like most things in life the only way to know if they are good, even better than Michelin or Continental is to try them out yourself.

Interesting alternative, hopefully, all will be good.
Please tell us what size, load rating & price you paid, as that would give us a better perspective.

Happy Travels.
Les

D

DL42846

Deleted User
I did look at Nokian tyres for my Motor Home but decided to go for the VREDESTEIN COMTRAC 2 ALL SEASON.
The Vredestin seem to get better reviews than the Nokian. So far I have been very happy with my purchase and they work well in the snow, wet and summer conditions. They were around the same price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
They are about the best winter tyre going , which seeing as they were the original inventor might have some bearing . They were used in Monte Carlo Rally back in early sixties . They should be no problem as long as correct rating used . They make all sorts of tyres including HGV etc . I have had them on my brothers rallying mini back in early seventies.

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Excellent tyres. Have put Nokian WR D4 winter tyres on Range Rover, Audi Q5 and on current toad. Run them all year round, very quiet and low wear rate.

Usually get them from Oponeo with free delivery and now you can have delivered direct to a local tyre place for fitting.

I've no affiliation to either Nokian or Oponeo I'm just a very satisfied user.

Hope this helps.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Have a look at the EU tyre rating it gives information on:

Noise

Grip

Fuel Economy​

You must check the information against the size of the tyre, as the rating can vary for different sizes

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Nokian are possibly the best winter tyre you will ever buy they are right at the top regards ability and quality very big in the Scandinavian countries

Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Motorhoming since 2006, 30 years tent camping in Africa
They appear much cheaper than Michelin Agilis Alpin, does anyone have experience of both?
I see the Agilis are rated at 71dB, Nokia all season at 73dB
I currently have Agilis on the front (driving wheels), happy with them but will need to replace soon.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Nokian or Vredestein.... great tyres. I put Nokian on top
They appear much cheaper than Michelin Agilis Alpin, does anyone have experience of both?
I see the Agilis are rated at 71dB, Nokia all season at 73dB
I currently have Agilis on the front (driving wheels), happy with them but will need to replace soon.
given that choice and my own experience of Nokian, the Nokian wins every day.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Nokian ? Had them on 3. 4x4's Get 'em bought.
Tea Bag

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Had them on the Audi in 2006. Lasted forever and did the business.

If I had the chance, I'd have them back in a flash.

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
The Nokian only seem to be C rated for wet weather performance. On another thread, General Eurovan A/S 365 were recommended as an all season tyre. Tyreleader sells them too, for a few quid more. They have an A rating for wet weather performance. Tyreleader doesn't say it, but General's website says they are also 3PMSF, so should be fine in winter.

Is Tyreleader a good place to buy through? Their fitment 'partners' in my area seem to be the less well known places but at least information is provided as to whether they can fit to vans or only cars.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I looked to be curious and looking at the fitting charges it’s extra for alloys, one wanted £17 a wheel extra if it was alloys on top of the fitting etc.

Localdave

Free Member
Dec 6, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
Compass Suntor 400RL
Exp
Since 2016
Hi I had 4 Nokian tyres fitted for my trip Nove/Dec last year. I needed to fit winter alpine tyres to go through Germany (new regs 2018) although I did not have snow we did experience very wet and ice conditions and Wi am very happy with them. I did a lot of research before and found them to be the best for my needs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back