Noisy Oyster (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
We purchased our Savannah with an 85cm Oyster dish on the roof. Having used over our holiday I thought it seemed noisier when raising/lowering/searching which got me thinking. Are there any grease points on this system ??

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
No grease points as far as I am aware. But, if you remove the plastic cover, you'll see the horizontal and vertical gear wheels. These are coated liberally with grease. Depending on the age of your system, the gear mechanism may need regreasing.

Removing the plastic cover will involve detaching the dish. Reinstaling the dish involves a set procedure. My sat dish is an Oyster Vision 2 for which I have the instructions for resetting the dish....if that helps.

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Good afternoon,

I think Wagoneer has covered mostly everything.
The only other thing I would say is that if the noise is worse when the system is elevating/retracting then it could just be something simple.
On the underside of the arm as it lifts off the base there is a small black plastic triangle. Over time as the plastic gets dry it can squeak and groan as it rubs against the base unit cover. If you put some white grease on that plastic cone the noise should disappear.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back