Noisy neighbours !! (1 Viewer)

Roadrocket

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
West Country
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
It's not only fellow campers who cause noise problems.

I stayed a Caravan Club CL a few years ago near Skegness where the owner of the site held a drunken outdoor party and played loud music all night. At 4am I'd finally had enough along with everybody else. I went over and politely complained to the drunken warden who took a swing at me whilst his wife shouted obscenities. A couple of their guests however, saw more sense and calmed them down. The noise continued but louder.

The following day everybody on the site left, some I suspect without paying. I found out that another bloke had been over before me and received the same treatment.

I complained in writing to the Caravan Club and a few weeks later received a suprising reply. They told me the warden had denied everything and they said that I was the only one who complained. It was my woird against his. I knew that wasn't true because I kept in touch with two other people who'd also complained and they'd received an identical reply.

With hindsight maybe I should have made my complaint, on the night, to the Police.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It's not only fellow campers who cause noise problems.I stayed a Caravan Club CL a few years ago near Skegness where the owner of the site held a drunken outdoor party and played loud music all night. At 4am I'd finally had enough along with everybody else. I went over and politely complained to the drunken warden who took a swing at me whilst his wife shouted obscenities. A couple of their guests however, saw more sense and calmed them down. The noise continued but louder.The following day everybody on the site left, some I suspect without paying. I found out that another bloke had been over before me and received the same treatment.I complained in writing to the Caravan Club and a few weeks later received a suprising reply. They told me the warden had denied everything and they said that I was the only one who complained. It was my woird against his. I knew that wasn't true because I kept in touch with two other people who'd also complained and they'd received an identical reply.With hindsight maybe I should have made my complaint, on the night, to the Police.

If everyone left the site the very next day then this will be documented in the site records and takings. With the backing of the other parties this will be enough to get the complaints reactivated with the CC. Wardens cannot be condemned for the odd private party :beerchug:but I think taking a swing at all complainants could be overstretching his authority.:boxing::boxing::boxing:

T

TomTee

Deleted User
It's not only fellow campers who cause noise problems.

I stayed a Caravan Club CL a few years ago near Skegness where the owner of the site held a drunken outdoor party and played loud music all night. At 4am I'd finally had enough along with everybody else. I went over and politely complained to the drunken warden who took a swing at me whilst his wife shouted obscenities. A couple of their guests however, saw more sense and calmed them down. The noise continued but louder.

The following day everybody on the site left, some I suspect without paying. I found out that another bloke had been over before me and received the same treatment.

I complained in writing to the Caravan Club and a few weeks later received a suprising reply. They told me the warden had denied everything and they said that I was the only one who complained. It was my woird against his. I knew that wasn't true because I kept in touch with two other people who'd also complained and they'd received an identical reply.

With hindsight maybe I should have made my complaint, on the night, to the Police.

Since when did CLs have wardens?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

allie sommerville

Free Member
Dec 30, 2009
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
conversion
Exp
We had an awful night in the Alsace region thanks to the site owners.

The village Festival was being held on the site, but we were warned about it when we booked in, and the kind lady owner said it would go on till about midnight. No problem we thought.
Well it went on till 3 am, and was really rowdy, and the Belgian van next to us packed up and went about 2 am.
When at last all was quiet, now was the time for the ****** cockeral to start up :cry-smile:
Next morning (well a couple of hours later that is) we asked to move further away from the hen house because of the dawn chorus, and the owner apologised - she'd forgotten to lock the nasty thing up when she got back from the revelries.
If it had been her drunken rendition of 'My Way' at 2 am, it was no surprise she forgot :Angry:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Sitting up and chatting over a barbeque/camp fire on a warm evening is great - but I would never do so if there are others nearby. I save those occasions for when we are on sites where we are secluded or out the way.

In fact on busier sites, i won't even get the barbeque out so that the smoke won't annoy anyone. It all depends on how you look at these things, and how you are with camping etiquette.

allie sommerville

Free Member
Dec 30, 2009
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
conversion
Exp
Sitting up and chatting over a barbeque/camp fire on a warm evening is great - but I would never do so if there are others nearby. I save those occasions for when we are on sites where we are secluded or out the way.

In fact on busier sites, i won't even get the barbeque out so that the smoke won't annoy anyone. It all depends on how you look at these things, and how you are with camping etiquette.

Just wish our neighbours at home were as considerate as you :Smile:

Bonfires in the middle of the afternoon on a sunny day :Angry: Don't get me started!
Then there's the smell of barbeques getting into the house most evenings...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 28, 2010
Wirral
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer 504
Exp
Since 1995
I'm struggling to understand this thread although I appreciate the original point made.

From what I am reading, if I partake in moderate amounts of alcohol and good conversation but go to bed at say 11pm, then I am a considerate camper. However, if I party noisily until late in a drunken stupor, then I am inconsiderate.

Or is the point, anyone who does not behave in a way that I do is inconsiderate?

I don't have a problem with rules of behaviours on site (hence we tend to use Caravan Club sites that so many criticise). I think it is reasonable to expect others to follow the rules if they want to stay on the site. However, whilst I can understand that people will be unhappy with people being noisy at night, is this any worse than all the other faults we all demonstrate when on site? Are we all perfect? There are enough people who criticise wardens for enforcing what these people consider petty rules, dogs who do not quite go to the toilet where we would all like them to, children who cycle around the site at an unsafe speed and in the wrong direction, people who mess the toilet block and expect others to clean up after them etc. We all have our faults and pet hates of other behaviour.

I don't condone the actions of the noisy people. I am sorry for those who are affected by what they consider inappropriate behaviours by others. I know how difficult it is to deal with such people. And I certainly understand the fear of having your motorhome trashed or whatever.

For me, though, the bottom line is that I do not want to stop on sterile sites that only allow behaviour that personally I consider acceptable. I am happy to stay on sites that enforce a set of rules that reflect some of my wishes but I can compromise sufficiently to allow some flexibility. For the odd night, I would have put up with the partying because life is stressful enough for some people so a few hours to relieve that stress is not a bad thing. The alternative is to overnight on my drive and listen to the local ambulances and traffic until the birds start singing.

I have stayed on the Caravan Club site at Hawes several times. The first time I stayed near the bottom end next to the farm. In the evening, the barn was filled with turkeys who decided they would 'gobble gobble' all night long. The next time, I checked for turkeys. None in sight. I snuggled up in bed just in time to hear the heifers and cows bellowing until the dawn chorus.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back