Noisy ceiling fixings on 630 bed (1 Viewer)

Nov 20, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2015
just wondered if anyone else has found the anchors bolted to roof that holds the drop down bed straps to be noisy when the bed is lowered and the whole thing just seems generally noisy knocks and creaks the bed it self seems stable enough perhaps it's just a trade off for the great idea of having this system but has not been very well engineered ,the one bed seems a lot worse than the other?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Do they have a front rail they slide in? There might be some adjustment. I also took a little off the plastic covers on the top of the webbing straps as they were too tight over the strap (flash 10)

OP
OP
P
Nov 20, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks wino I have to return the vehicle to the dealer for several other warranty issues which I have been waiting for since April not good ! so I don't really want to try and effect a repair or adjustment myself at the moment the bed system are a cracking idea and we love the vehicle layout etc but we had numerous problems since taking delivery June 2017 so we are hoping to hear from the dealer soon to resolve the outstanding faults they are waiting for the parts from chausson

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve and Gill

Free Member
Apr 19, 2018
South Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Two Tours around New Zealand
We had one of the runners loose so that bed could rattle, fixed by our dealer, no issues since then. We're not hearing anything untoward from the roof anchor points.

sdg

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
There's a long thread on here somewhere about a year ago from a bloke who had the same thing and finally had it put right under warranty

OP
OP
P
Nov 20, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2015
Yes thanks I will take look at the runners it may well be something like that as it is only the one bed affected it just seems when trying to replicate what is causing the noise when I place my hand on the roof adjacent to the roof fixings something feels as though actually in the roof section is moving around not sure how or what the fixings are bolted to in the roof space because of course it's concealed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve and Gill

Free Member
Apr 19, 2018
South Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Two Tours around New Zealand
IMG_4084.jpg
IMG_20180715_194330162-Edit.jpg

IMG_4084.jpg IMG_20180715_194330162-Edit.jpg

A couple of photos I sent to our dealer - hopefully you can see one of the guides has a gap between the steel washer and the nylon runner and the spring is not compressed. The other one has the washer held against the guide by the spring.

The one with the gap rattled when turning over in bed.

hope that helps
sdg.

OP
OP
P
Nov 20, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2015
Ok yes I can see from your photo the problem thank you for that I will take look at ours I did check to see if the actual channel profile fixed to the wall was fixed properly and it appears alright many thanks again

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back