Free Member
Jul 4, 2012
mid wales
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
5 years
It`s taken me an hour and I can`t sort it. meanwhile google Cambrian news to get the full story,
Anyone know how to remove all this code??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Phew, what a read.

Thanks for posting:D:sleep:

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
It killed my phone while veiwing it. I'm so nosey I powered my PC on to have a look :)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I daren't click it ! :rofl:

Don't forget , you can click on "top" at the bottom of the page to save a sore finger flick flick flicking !

OP
OP
micky drip

micky drip

Free Member
Jul 4, 2012
mid wales
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
5 years
Please excuse my computer illiteracy, is there anyone out there who can sort this thread?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
full story
17 September 2014
motorhomeowners.jpg

THE DECISION to ban motorhomes and campervans from Aberystwyth’s south promenade was greeted with dismay by their owners.
Percy Broome and Mary Shepherd from Crewe said this move could affect their decision on whether or not to return to the area.
“If we come again, obviously we will have to find somewhere else to park, but it may be that we don’t come again because of this,” said Percy.
“Motorhome users spend a lot of money at shops and restaurants on the seafront, so I think if overnight parking is banned a lot of these businesses will suffer.”
Percy has been a frequent visitor to Aberystwyth in recent years.
He has brought Mary with him this year for her first visit, but she said she wouldn’t want to return without a place to park their motorhome.
She said: “I love it here, it’s the first time I’ve been here and I’d love to come back, but if there is nowhere to park overnight then I don’t think we’ll bother.”
Bertie and Linda Brookes from Worcestershire are also regular visitors to the area and they say a change in parking rules wouldn’t affect their decision to come back.
“We’ve taken our campervan all over Devon, to places like Exmouth and Seaton, and we’ve never had a problem parking on the promenade there,” said Bertie, whose father is from nearby Machynlleth.
“I hope they don’t change the rules as the revenue they would lose would be phenomenal, but we love it here, we’ve been coming here too long to stop.”
Linda said they were more than happy to make alternative arrangements for their campervan should overnight parking on the promenade be banned.
“We’ll respect whatever decision is made and if that means we find somewhere else to park, we will do that,” she said.
“Because we’ve been coming here for so long, we’ve made friends here who have told us we are free to park on their drives if we need to.”
Another motorhome user, who did not want to be named, said he did not see why overnight parking had to be banned.
He said: “If people are parking here for several months then I can understand wanting to move them on, but I don’t see the harm in parking here for a couple of nights.
“If people are clean and are not dumping their rubbish everywhere then I really don’t see the problem with them parking here.”

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
full story
17 September 2014
motorhomeowners.jpg

THE DECISION to ban motorhomes and campervans from Aberystwyth’s south promenade was greeted with dismay by their owners.
Percy Broome and Mary Shepherd from Crewe said this move could affect their decision on whether or not to return to the area.
“If we come again, obviously we will have to find somewhere else to park, but it may be that we don’t come again because of this,” said Percy.
“Motorhome users spend a lot of money at shops and restaurants on the seafront, so I think if overnight parking is banned a lot of these businesses will suffer.”
Percy has been a frequent visitor to Aberystwyth in recent years.
He has brought Mary with him this year for her first visit, but she said she wouldn’t want to return without a place to park their motorhome.
She said: “I love it here, it’s the first time I’ve been here and I’d love to come back, but if there is nowhere to park overnight then I don’t think we’ll bother.”
Bertie and Linda Brookes from Worcestershire are also regular visitors to the area and they say a change in parking rules wouldn’t affect their decision to come back.
“We’ve taken our campervan all over Devon, to places like Exmouth and Seaton, and we’ve never had a problem parking on the promenade there,” said Bertie, whose father is from nearby Machynlleth.
“I hope they don’t change the rules as the revenue they would lose would be phenomenal, but we love it here, we’ve been coming here too long to stop.”
Linda said they were more than happy to make alternative arrangements for their campervan should overnight parking on the promenade be banned.
“We’ll respect whatever decision is made and if that means we find somewhere else to park, we will do that,” she said.
“Because we’ve been coming here for so long, we’ve made friends here who have told us we are free to park on their drives if we need to.”
Another motorhome user, who did not want to be named, said he did not see why overnight parking had to be banned.
He said: “If people are parking here for several months then I can understand wanting to move them on, but I don’t see the harm in parking here for a couple of nights.
“If people are clean and are not dumping their rubbish everywhere then I really don’t see the problem with them parking here.”
I agree with all of that, but what arguments swayed the council to make their decision?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I agree with all of that, but what arguments swayed the council to make their decision?
Nimby's and local business interests plus a few people giving everyone a bad name and thus the excuse for the the Nimbys to kick up a stink. And the tabloids. Miserable lot

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
If it was travellers parked up would you say the same?

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
I fully sympathise with the arguments and love to park in these places as long as its not in fron of somones house or acusing an obstruction. Having a view of the sea is quite lovely

However I always have to smile when someone uses the argument that local business will lose out of we are not allowed to park. For sure a few people will go to restaurants but in my opinion the vast majority of MHers want to eat their own food in their own van and may just go out for the odd meal once or twice or grab an ice cream of a fish and chps but in the grand sceme of things compared with all the 100s of non MHers in cars with kids wanting this and that, we represent a small minority and not worth considering serioulsy where parking is considered. I cannot see that we will have a devastating effect on the local economy if they ban us from parking which is why the vast majority of seaside towns dont like us.

I think the reason councils dont like us is because of the fact that we are seem as parking up, taking up 2 spaces (as opposed to paying on the local camp sites) and sitting there eating our own grub blocking he views from the Hotels and NOT supporting the local economy.

Thats my veiw and I am just being reaslistic not disagreeing with why we shouldnt be aloowed to allowed to park - just seeing it how the coucil may be seeing it.

What do others think

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
There are areas near me which are ideal for overnighting,away from houses. I have been in contact with a local councillor for years regarding provision of an aire. The only campsites are a 5 unit cl and the Caravan Club site which isn't open year round. There was a municipal site nearby to the CC site in the Country park,but it closed many years ago and is still fallow.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Well unfortunately I witness free loading in it rawest form last weekend and can sympathise with the locals and councils on this now.
freeloading tossers came in after 6pm and were thare till abut 1pm late at night toilet cartridge dumped over sea wall.
Gray water running out of van not that bad a crime
filed litter bin with there shite out of there van
very proud of the fact they have never paid to park never use the local shops
never use the pub up the hill.
they watched out for parking warden to turn up then go up the hill park on the road.
return use the aria same rotten weigh till dark and dump there shite
we at least paid the £6 pound's for 24hr parking work it out only £12 pound for the weekend
went to the pub meal got merry used the pubs drain to dump our rubbish went home with us
also on Saturday used the local shops beer sig's
its them having a 2014 plate van that gets me surly they could afford the £6 pounds
free loders

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back