Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
Cheddar, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner i640G
Exp
We are new to motorhomes!
Hello all, I have a very strange problem with my Burstner Aviano. We lived in it for a month between houses and then we parked it up for a month.
When I parked it I drained the water out and at that stage all was fine.
this weekend we went away and when we arrived I filled the water tank turned on the 12v and the pump switch and....nothing! no pumping on either tap or the toilet flush. I can hear the microswitch clicking on each but no action. The pump does not start at all when a tap is turned on.
OK, I have checked the pump fuse and its ok. The 12v works, all lights etc ok. I have put a 12v supply on the pump in the water tank and it spins up fine. I have removed the control panel and the pump switch has 12v going to it.
I am now officially stumped. Anyone got any ideas? I have the feeling that I must be missing something because it was perfect when I parked it and nothing has happened in between (except possibly rodents? but I think that is unlikely?)
Failing everything else, does anyone have any recommendations for who might be able to fix it in the Cheddar, Somerset area?
Thanks in advance for the help
John

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Check the control panel .. If it is like the Autotrail and some of the older Burstners there is the ability to switch from internal to external pump..

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Possible mickey damage.
The little buggers get everywhere and just love the taste of pvc wiring.

Turn on a tap and check voltage AT the pump.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
This fella is in Street (Somerset?) Don't know if he is close enough for you

SRB Caravan and Motorhome services 07540065649

Simon Baker, used him when the joker here in Cornwall made one hell of a mess of our Pump, (water pipe bent at such an angle the water couldn't get through)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
You have Somerset Motorhomes not that far from you if that's any help?
image.png

OP
OP
oaktree11

oaktree11

Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
Cheddar, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner i640G
Exp
Just so I am clear when I get the energy to take another look at this! Can I assume that the wiring of this system is fairly simple?
I am thinking the two taps and the toilet flush switch are in parallel so that any of them switch the pump?
If that's the case the logical thing is for the wiring to come from the pump switch on the master panel to the kitchen tap (closest) then into the bathroom for the shower and flush.
I will check to see if there is 12v across the pump when a tap is opened but I doubt it so the likelihood is a lack of continuity from the panel to the pump.
Does this sound reasonable?
John

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Just a thought but would an air lock cause these symptoms - I know that you would normally hear the pump trying to work but maybe not always. Perhaps you could try sucking water through a tap and see if that gets the pump going.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Just thinking "outside the box" and keeping it simple,

your pump worked when you added power from a seperate sorce?

it did not work when you switched "on" any tap

so is your power "on"?

is it the same on mains and 12volt?

is the "other" 12volt services working?

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
On a Hymer I once had, there was an outside Master switch located in the outside utilities locker. Some times this used to get switched off by accident. Worth a try.
Phil

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
is there a relay to switch the pump when the micro switches make the circuit?i would test for 12v at the switches if yes then search for a relay. if there is a relay there maybe two fuses one on trigger side and one on power side i know nothing about your system just throwing ideas into the mix

OP
OP
oaktree11

oaktree11

Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
Cheddar, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner i640G
Exp
Thanks again to all. All suggestions valued and certainly help me get my thoughts in order, that's the value of this forum.
John

OP
OP
oaktree11

oaktree11

Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
Cheddar, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner i640G
Exp
Just a final post now that the problem is sorted.
After much messing around, it was finally traced to a bad connection in a plug on the control panel circuit board. Desperation and just unplugging and reconnecting plugs found it. What a nightmare!
It just goes to show though these odd, one off, simple faults can be hell on earth to trace.
Thanks again to all who helped
John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back