Sep 12, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
HYMER b544
Exp
new
1995 Hymer B544

Filled water tank this afternoon, then opened taps to fill boiler. Could feel water boiler getting warmer.
Dump valve closed so not dumping water out of the bottom but still no water out of taps, well perhaps a drip.
Checked submersible pump, seems to be in order in that I unattached hose then turned tap on and I got soaked as the water came out of the pump!
I can't think what else I did, it was working earlier in the day but then I ran the tap but of course the dump valve was open so losing all the water. Closed the valve but the taps not working now.
What else can I try?
Many thanks.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Try sucking water through your tap with it turned on; you may have an airlock.

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Could be an air lock in the system. I would leave the boiler switched off as you will still get water out of the taps just will not be hot. Close all the taps and then work on one. I open mine on hot first and let the air out of the system including the boiler. This can take 3 - 4 minutes and nothing appears to be happening. Once I have the sink working with hot ( Cold ). I then open the cold and let the air out. Then turn my attention to the shower and the sink in the bathroom using the same Hot first then Cold. Once it's all working then switch the boiler on and wait for the hot water. You may find that you are just boiling what little water you have in the system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Marcus75

Marcus75

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
HYMER b544
Exp
new
ok thanks, tried again today and although the water out of the kitchen tap was a bit better it wasn;t great. Now the bathroom tap doesn't work.Very confusing.

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Wonder how much pressure you are getting from the pump. Could be that with nothing connected you get a flow but when it has to pump water through a pipe it is having trouble.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Marcus75

Marcus75

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
HYMER b544
Exp
new
Just to close this off, took taps off and a good clean out, full of limescale and all bits of fluff that mus have been circulating and managed to find its way to the taps during the draining and refilling process. All works fine now with good pressure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
Great news glad you got it all sorted.

Upvote 0