No TV in France (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2014
Opposite the Needles
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
14 years
This is not about getting British tv in France, just getting local French tv.

For whatever reason we can get local tv in most countries, and there’s nothing wrong with reception in Britain.

If I get any stations here in France at best I only get sound, but more likely ‘invalid format’. There’s obviously something missing .... can anyone tell me what it is and what I can do to fix it please?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
For France you need a FULL HD TV.

France has only been transmitting high definition transmissions for some time and anything less than full HD won't work.
You can buy HD set top boxes in the big supermarkets

What he said.. HD ONLY (y) (y) (y) (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H
Oct 12, 2014
Opposite the Needles
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
14 years
Thanks all for your help, brilliant! We have a small inverter which I guess we could use, but I’ll look out for 12volt if I can find one.

OP
OP
H
Oct 12, 2014
Opposite the Needles
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
14 years
Thanks to your quick and helpful replies we’ve got that sorted - while it wasn’t our first intention, we have treated ourselves to a new tv; the difference we were amazed by the difference between the new TVs and our old one, so bit the bullet and went for a new one, to hopefully last as long as th service done by the old tv.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
hopefully last as long as th service done by the old tv.
You ARE def a glass half full sort aint you ! :)
As a matter of interest, there are still some camp sites that are using analogue on their aerial posts.. Has yours got an analogue as well as digital tuner ?

Oct 16, 2018
CHESTERFIELD DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
PILOTE
Exp
Long enough
'No TV in France' - sorry, but that sounds like heaven to me.

The programmes are cr*p, I can only just understand what they say and there's a lot of France beyond our vehicles doors that needs seeing - no TV seems a good idea to me ......

You probably disagree with that.

?

OP
OP
H
Oct 12, 2014
Opposite the Needles
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
14 years
You ARE def a glass half full sort aint you ! :)
As a matter of interest, there are still some camp sites that are using analogue on their aerial posts.. Has yours got an analogue as well as digital tuner ?
I’m afraid I don’t know ?. All I know is that the tv has worked a treat and the kind gentleman where we bought it checked that it would work in UK as well as France before he sold it to us - on his own initiative. In a couple of days time we’ll find out if he’s right or not. ............. I do ‘jolly well’ hope he is!!

OP
OP
H
Oct 12, 2014
Opposite the Needles
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
14 years
'No TV in France' - sorry, but that sounds like heaven to me.

The programmes are cr*p, I can only just understand what they say and there's a lot of France beyond our vehicles doors that needs seeing - no TV seems a good idea to me ......

You probably disagree with that.

?

But I bought it for the specific purpose of following the Tour de France .. finding somewhere beside the road, being part of the whole public event, watching the stage progress then seeing all the riders when they pass. And listening to five-live commentary in English while watching the French picture. No need for a fancy satellite receiver at £1k+ and a decent tv for those cold dark nights back home in England ?

As to the rest of French tv,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back